By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz should stop tracking software sales

When a game usually hits the retail first that is where a majority of it's sales will come from so if I were you I wouldn't go about to stop tracking altogether like the others suggested in this thread but instead vgchartz should find a away to track the digital sales.

Around the Network

VGC is already trying to get something going with digital software with FADE, though I dont know how Brett is doing with that in all honesty.

And this thread is stupid btw. Just so you know. The tracking is never gonna be perfect, but its good enough for what we pay for.

They should estimate digital sales. I buy most my stuff digitally these days, I only buy hard copies of games I want for my collection.

ps3-sales! said:
There is nothing to worry about my friend! We here at Vgchartz support all suggestions that we receive so we will certainly look into this.

*931-1339-2898* "Frank, we've got a problem"

What made you choose 931 as the area code?

Carl2291 said:
VGC is already trying to get something going with digital software with FADE, though I dont know how Brett is doing with that in all honesty.

And this thread is stupid btw. Just so you know. The tracking is never gonna be perfect, but its good enough for what we pay for.

...Nothing?

Around the Network

It would be cool if publishers gave the actual figures to VGC but I think some would rather hide their shame.

Adinnieken said:
toastboy44562 said:

I'm being dead serious in this thread. With downloading games being more popular what is the point in VgChartz tracking software sales? Vgcharts isn't even very accurate with Hardware sales some of the time so I know software isn't accurate. VGChartz looks silly when games like minecraft 360 sell 10 million and this site has it for 1 million because we don't track digital. I say vgcharts stops tracking software and puts more resources into finidn out how much hardware sells. Maybe even a bi-weekly update on hardware sales. More break downs per state/country. I just feel like software updates are completely worthless but I love watching the hardware grow on here. I know this is going to be unpopular but what do you guys think?

You should quit your job and never stop trying to improve.

I.died.of.laughter.

dsage01 said:

I.died.of.laughter.

GHOST!!!!!!

Seriously though.  Basically that's what the OP was saying.  Give up, you can't fix the problem.

Adinnieken said:
dsage01 said:

I.died.of.laughter.

GHOST!!!!!!

God has sent me back on earth to troll vg fanboys on the internet.

Adinnieken said:
toastboy44562 said:

I'm being dead serious in this thread. With downloading games being more popular what is the point in VgChartz tracking software sales? Vgcharts isn't even very accurate with Hardware sales some of the time so I know software isn't accurate. VGChartz looks silly when games like minecraft 360 sell 10 million and this site has it for 1 million because we don't track digital. I say vgcharts stops tracking software and puts more resources into finidn out how much hardware sells. Maybe even a bi-weekly update on hardware sales. More break downs per state/country. I just feel like software updates are completely worthless but I love watching the hardware grow on here. I know this is going to be unpopular but what do you guys think?

You should quit your job and never stop trying to improve.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0