By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz should stop tracking software sales

I agree. Half the people on here don't even know how to interpret the numbers correctly anyway.

Around the Network

Vgchartz should just stop tracking sales period

toastboy44562 said:
Adinnieken said:
toastboy44562 said:

I'm being dead serious in this thread. With downloading games being more popular what is the point in VgChartz tracking software sales? Vgcharts isn't even very accurate with Hardware sales some of the time so I know software isn't accurate. VGChartz looks silly when games like minecraft 360 sell 10 million and this site has it for 1 million because we don't track digital. I say vgcharts stops tracking software and puts more resources into finidn out how much hardware sells. Maybe even a bi-weekly update on hardware sales. More break downs per state/country. I just feel like software updates are completely worthless but I love watching the hardware grow on here. I know this is going to be unpopular but what do you guys think?

You should quit your job and never stop trying to improve.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

In your opinion, VGC should just give up trying to improve their stats, but their business is sales stats.  It isn't a hobby for them, the core business of VGChartz is to produce sales stats and sell access to data.  Go on, check.  I'll wait.

Now that you're back, you're basically saying.  Hey, VGC you should give a good ole "Fuck You" to the people you have assigned to do software sales tracking, and just not try to track sales.  I get that digital sales are a challenge, but that doesn't mean that there aren't sources for that information.  Developers often offer sales numbers.  So maybe VGC should hit-up developers, rather than publishers, for those digital sales numbers.  I mean, maybe that way they'll be able to obtain better sales sales numbers.

I don't know, I'm just spitballing it here.  I'm not in the camp that says, we can't do the job well enough so let's give up entirely, but instead in the camp that says let's try an alternative approach.

NobleTeam360 said:
ps3-sales! said:
There is nothing to worry about my friend! We here at Vgchartz support all suggestions that we receive so we will certainly look into this.

*931-1339-2898* "Frank, we've got a problem"

What made you choose 931 as the area code?

random. why?

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

ps3-sales! said:
NobleTeam360 said:
ps3-sales! said:
There is nothing to worry about my friend! We here at Vgchartz support all suggestions that we receive so we will certainly look into this.

*931-1339-2898* "Frank, we've got a problem"

What made you choose 931 as the area code?

random. why?

Oh no reason