By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - [Anime] whats your top 10 series right now

MohammadBadir said:
WagnerPaiva said:
Death Note.

That is all.

I really loved Death Note up until around ep. 17 where "things" happen to light (idk how to put the spoiler bars XP), then it gets boring, then when "something" happens to L, I kinda lost it, and that ending -.-

Some people told me that, but, to be honest, I was hooked to the very end.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

in no particular order

Death Note
Code geass (dat ending and S1 twist :O)
Welcome to the NHK
Nana
Steins gate
Cowboy bebop
Oran high school host club (yes i liked this...lol)
Free! iwotibi swim club (no homo)
Dragon ball/z (GT doesn't exist)
Yamadas first time (very underrated anime imo, its hilarious, morally wrong? mabye, but who gives a fuck)

i still really need to watch clannad and future diary

kyokusanagi said:
tiffac said:
1) Wolf Children: Ame & Yuki
2) Nichijou
3) Clannad
4) Nausicaa: Valley of the Wind
5) Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day
6) Ghost in the Shell
7) Berserk
8) Sailormoon (too popular during my highschool days to ignore. Lol)
9) Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
10) Macross: Do You Remember Love

You're putting movies, series only :)

Sorry about that got too excited lol

Does OVA count as a series?

naruball said:
I know internet people hate mainstream anime, but I've tried watching some niche ones and they've all disappointed me.

Here's my list:

1. Death(o) Note(Noto): simply put a masterpiece. No words to describe its brilliance (apart from one horrible episode).

2. Naruto: Not perfect, but still absolutely superb when it's good. The idea of friendship is strong in this one.

3. Dragon Ball (Z or whatever). Not that good for modern standards but its influence on some many anime that came after it is undeniable. Because of nostalgia it deserves its spot.

4. Sailor Moon: Guilty pleasure, but also a great series in terms of emotion. I think I cried a few times watching it.

5. Attack on Titan: It's hard to explain why it's so good, but it is. It just is. If you haven't watch it, do yourself a favour and spend a day or two watching one of the most exciting series ever made.

6. Bleach: It's great, but not awesome. I really miss it, but there were quite a few storylines that didn't work well and I did find myself being bored while watching most of the fillers.

7. Sword Art Online: Great idea. Not the best anime, but it's worth your time. Why this hasn't been made into a live tv series (similar to hunger games) is beyond me.

8. Fairytail. It ain't perfect, but it's good enough. Fanservice stuff annoy the hell out of me though.

9. Pokemon. Well, it's not fun any more if you're an adult, but it has its moments.

Can't think of a 10th.

How do you determine whats mainstream anime or niche anime?

Theres a reason why the most popular anime are the most popular. But anyways i like your list.

The problem with some of the "mainstream" animes like Naruto, Bleach, Fairytale etc. Is that they have really high points in the series. Which simply cannot be matched by later episodes. Not to mention that the mainstream animes seem to suffer much more from exploitation like filler and dilution of the original manga storylines. This has a major negative impact on the quality of the anime as a whole..to the point where you might not even recognise the anime 300 episodes later.

Naruto is a good example. The first 135 episodes of naruto (minus the little filler they had) is really intense, fast paced, high quality and really well thought through. It also stuck very close to the original manga. The next 80 episodes was all filler....i mean seriously.

Then if you look at shippuuden...from the very first episode they strayed away from the manga...mixed up storylines and the order of events. Slowed the pace of the story's progression to a snails pace and the quality of the anime as a whole was up and down through out. It never really lived up to the hype imo. And now when people on the internet judge naruto they take into account everything...all 500+ episodes (i think theres that much?) And if you take every episode into account then naruto isnt a very good anime at all really.

Contrast that with niche anime that stick very closely to the original story and dont suffer from exploitation as well as shorter mainstream anime like AOT, Steins Gate and Sword Art Online etc. which focus on qaulity over quantity... and you can see why mainstream anime like Naruto and Bleach never really make it on the top 10 or top anything list for internet people.

That being said naruto is number one on my list and im an internet person

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

MohammadBadir said:
WagnerPaiva said:
Death Note.

That is all.

I really loved Death Note up until around ep. 17 where "things" happen to light (idk how to put the spoiler bars XP), then it gets boring, then when "something" happens to L, I kinda lost it, and that ending -.-

GOOD L DIED. I was waiting for this since the beggining i was on lights side the entire time, i manically laughed out loud when it happened (literally)

When light forfeited the death note at first i was kinda confused, but by the end of that plot arc when he regained the book it was epic. I hated L successors tho, the show should have ended when L died.

Around the Network
tiffac said:
kyokusanagi said:
tiffac said:
1) Wolf Children: Ame & Yuki
2) Nichijou
3) Clannad
4) Nausicaa: Valley of the Wind
5) Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day
6) Ghost in the Shell
7) Berserk
8) Sailormoon (too popular during my highschool days to ignore. Lol)
9) Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
10) Macross: Do You Remember Love

You're putting movies, series only :)

Sorry about that got too excited lol

Does OVA count as a series?

OVAs are ok :)

Xbox live: kyokusanagiii    Watching: Patlabor The Mobile Police (OAV 1)

1. Kyoukai no Kanata
2. Gintama
3. Kuroko no Basuke
4. Clannad
5. Kimi ni Todoke
6. Gintama
7. Kimi to Boku
8. Ano Hana
9. Ao no Exorcist
10. Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

The order is indifferent.

1 - Saint Seiya
2 - Ring Ni Kakero
3 - B"t X
4. FullMetal Alchemist
5. Death Note
6. Rurouni Kenshin
7. Yu Yu Hakusho
8. Hunter x Hunter
9. Bleach
10. Evangelion

pezus said:
golfgt170 said:
Can someone recommend me any anime that are like:

Tengen toppa gurren lagann / Code Geass / Getter robo / Eureka7

Death Note for sure

Fate/Zero is epic

Cool thnx Pezus. I'll check Fate/Zero since i have already watched Death Note :)

On a general note i like transforming robots :)

My top 10 are:
1. One Piece
2. Fairy Tail
3. Dragon ball z
3. Full Metal alchemist (Both versions count)
4. Code Geass
5. Naruto
6. Bleach
7. Attack on Titan
8. Inuyasha
9. Death note
10. Yu Yu Hakusho