By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most visually impressive game so far in the next gen? (for me it's on Wii U!) Poll now added

Which game do you think looks the nicest so far?

Killzone: Shadow Fall (PS4) 130 26.21%

Ryse (XBONE) 60 12.10%

Killer Instinct (XBONE) 1 0.20%

Contrast (PS4) 1 0.20%

Nintendoland (Wii U) 5 1.01%

Super Mario 3D World (Wii U) 196 39.52%

Battlefield 4 (PS4/XBONE) 18 3.63%

Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS4/XBONE) 0 0%

Pikmin 3 (Wii U) 62 12.50%

Other 23 4.64%

Total:496
Arius Dion said:
I think Ryse and Killzone look impressive, but ironic that they prove that pretty graphics alone does not a great game make. 3D World runs smooth as butter at 60fps, which really does make a difference. I think its accepted that all new gen hardware (U,4,1) are capable of great looking games.

Well, Wii U can produces great looking games with the art of Mario/DC in 720p 60FPS but it can never produce a great looking game with open and big realistic worlds in Full HD like PS4 and Xbox one.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

Around the Network
prayformojo said:
Mario 3D world looks nice, but it's cartoon graphics are easy to achieve vs. something that's trying to look realistic. I think it's a toss up between KZ and Ryse.

Yep, you are right. Everybody is ignoring art style used in the game. They can say Mario looks great for that kind of Art style only but not better than Killzone and Ryse which has realistic worlds with so much happening in the screen.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

Ryse looks very good.

biglittlesps said:
Arius Dion said:
I think Ryse and Killzone look impressive, but ironic that they prove that pretty graphics alone does not a great game make. 3D World runs smooth as butter at 60fps, which really does make a difference. I think its accepted that all new gen hardware (U,4,1) are capable of great looking games.

Well, Wii U can produces great looking games with the art of Mario/DC in 720p 60FPS but it can never produce a great looking game with open and big realistic worlds in Full HD like PS4 and Xbox one.

I call BS, on that, simply because you look at a game like GTAV which looks great, and that was on last gen hardware, Wii U is stronger than PS360, why wouldn't it be able to do better than that? No doubt 4/1 are more powerful pieces of hardware, but at this point, games won't look 'ugly'

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

mario 3d world is the best looking game ever
dont even say other wise unless you have played it.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
Around the Network
biglittlesps said:
Arius Dion said:

Lets wait and see about that.  When you put the new Final Fantasy and X side by side, most people think X looks more visually impressive.   Hardware power is important, but its up to the developers to use that power to make the games look good.   SM3DW right now is the smoothest, best looking game this gen, and its only like 1.5 GB. 

It appears several people need a refresher on graphics vs. aesthetics.

Graphics are nice, but without a proper aesthetic, a game just looks like arse (a detailed, hi-res arse, but arse nonetheless). And if aesthetics are so easy to implement, why are so many of these games lacking in quality art style?

Indeed, we reached such a level of fidelity that a good art design can outshine fancy realistic graphics.

With that said, the most impressive things i saw were X, The witcher 3 and the division. But only X excites me cause i know theres a genuinely good game behind it (i trust monolith). The Witcher, i doubt projectred will fix the boring combat system cause they seem to be focusing so much on graphics and the division looks nice but i doubt its a very good game.

I guess graphics alone are not enough to excite me anymore.

Nem said:

Indeed, we reached such a level of fidelity that a good art design can outshine fancy realistic graphics.

With that said, the most impressive things i saw were X, The witcher 3 and the division. But only X excites me cause i know theres a genuinely good game behind it (i trust monolith). The Witcher, i doubt projectred will fix the boring combat system cause they seem to be focusing so much on graphics and the division looks nice but i doubt its a very good game.

not really, that's only your opinion, looking at sales,  fancy realistic graphics is what people want, the division, witcher 3 and battle field 4, look a million times better to me then mario 3d world or X, mario world in particuler looks so simple, the only thing i can say about is 60fps and colorful, it's a little more detailed then the galaxy series, just mainly has better textures , effects and lighting, we have platformers on 360/ps3 that look much better way with way more detail, it's just they don't run at 30fps.

drake4 said:
Nem said:

not really, that's only your opinion, looking at sales,  fancy realistic graphics is what people want, the division, witcher 3 and battle field 4, look a million times better to me then mario 3d world or X, mario world in particuler looks so simple, the only thing i can say about is 60fps and colorful, it's a little more detailed then the galaxy series, just mainly has better textures , effects and lighting, we have platformers on 360/ps3 that look much better way with way more detail, it's just they don't run at 30fps.

Its ok, im not a lamb with the herd. I dont need legitimicy from others to be able to tell what is good and what isnt.

Though i challenge you to look at Zelda the Wind waker and compare it to say... Twilight princess and tell me that looks better.