By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most visually impressive game so far in the next gen? (for me it's on Wii U!) Poll now added

Which game do you think looks the nicest so far?

Killzone: Shadow Fall (PS4) 130 26.21%

Ryse (XBONE) 60 12.10%

Killer Instinct (XBONE) 1 0.20%

Contrast (PS4) 1 0.20%

Nintendoland (Wii U) 5 1.01%

Super Mario 3D World (Wii U) 196 39.52%

Battlefield 4 (PS4/XBONE) 18 3.63%

Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS4/XBONE) 0 0%

Pikmin 3 (Wii U) 62 12.50%

Other 23 4.64%

Total:496
brendude13 said:
osed125 said:

Nah. Even if I'm not bored I like to do it from time to time, it can be fun.

What happened to your constant complaining about trolls just a few months back?

I didn't know how fun it was, and so I decided to join their forces

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network

pfffft,,best art? that still belongs to lbp2

Just wait till x comes out

orniletter said:
brendude13 said:
orniletter said:

They look pretty similar  to be honest :/

Oh well...

That's because it's not a bullshot either. It's a direct capture from Digital Foundry, I just wanted to see what you'd say.

Then all hail Naughty Gods !

I seriously have to play The Last of Us

i just finished  uncharted 3, and was amazed that it actually looked like those screen posted, i remember thinking back then those were bullshots as well, the ship level is also amazing as well.

next gen baby

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network
chapset said:

next gen baby

the scary thing is this and witcher 3 are huge open world games, imagine how uncharted 4 and thye last of us 2 will look.

drake4 said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
I guarantee 2-3 years from now you will truly see the graphical difference between wii u and next gen consoles!

Will nextgen consoles ever make this look dated, this game still looks amazing techically, and artistcally.

Not only Uncharted 3 is stunning, but also Uncharted 1 is an amazing spectacle, I never saw in other consoles something that surpasses the visuals fidelity of U1, hell not even the Wii U so far, poeple don't realize  but ND was and is years ahead  on their graphics engine even from PCs, but still  I grant alot of credit to the CELL spu and its amazing physics handling, damn I love my Playstations!!

:D

MikeRox said:

So much is made about the Wii U's lack of power and how massively superior the XBONE and PS4 are in comparison.

The main reason for that is because of receiving (if at all) equal quality  multiplats.  Most people know Nintendo doesn't need ps4/xb1 level power for their games, but once again they created a cheaper, secondary console instead of full on competition.  I'll be buying a PS4 in a few months.  Instead of putting down near $600 for the console, extra controller, game & PSN+, that money could be going straight into Ninty's pocket as well as securing their relationships with 3rd parties since we are buying those games.

I know this isn't what the thread is about, but I just don't want that false premise tossed around casually.  Nintendo created a "hardcore" concept with the gamepad, but then gimped the power.  Its like, selling pizza without the cheese.  Nintendo should have done what M$ did with 360, which was take advantage of the 1 yr head start as the true next console, stealing  "hardcore" fans in the process.

MikeRox said:

So much is made about the Wii U's lack of power and how massively superior the XBONE and PS4 are in comparison.

I don't have an XBONE so I can't comment on the visuals on that. However, I've spent quite a bit of time on my PS4 with the likes of Resogun and Killzone, I also have Need for Speed, FIFA 14 and Lego Marvel Super Heroes for it.

However I'm sat with a mate right now who is a die hard Sonic fan and is showing me the not so well received Sonic Lost World and you know, the visuals impress me more than anything I've seen on PS4.

It has just got me thinking, so far, what is the most impressive looking game you've seen on the new generation systems? I don't mean purely polygons, art direction is a big factor in this.

I guess Sonic has nailed the art direction and also runs at a nice 60fps and in a high enough resolution. This is not a system flame war thread, this is purely about games that you think look/run the nicest. I'm sure Infamous is going to take that title next year for me.

Funny you should mention Sonic lost world. I fired it up last night having not played it for a week or so, and i thought to myself what a lovely looking and highly polished game. A lot better than the reviews say, in fact there is quite a few decent looking games on Wii U. Pikmin 3 is stunning.

MikeRox said:

I don't have an XBONE so I can't comment on the visuals on that. However, I've spent quite a bit of time on my PS4 with the likes of Resogun and Killzone, I also have Need for Speed, FIFA 14 and Lego Marvel Super Heroes for it.

However I'm sat with a mate right now who is a die hard Sonic fan and is showing me the not so well received Sonic Lost World and you know, the visuals impress me more than anything I've seen on PS4.

It has just got me thinking, so far, what is the most impressive looking game you've seen on the new generation systems? I don't mean purely polygons, art direction is a big factor in this.

I guess Sonic has nailed the art direction and also runs at a nice 60fps and in a high enough resolution. This is not a system flame war thread, this is purely about games that you think look/run the nicest. I'm sure Infamous is going to take that title next year for me.

Are you asking  a subjective question or an objective one? Are you asking if the game loks impressive in sheer graphical prowess or in a artistic aspect?

Because obvously the game can't look better than ps4 and x1 games in terms of textures and the like, but can look better artistically.