By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most visually impressive game so far in the next gen? (for me it's on Wii U!) Poll now added

Which game do you think looks the nicest so far?

Killzone: Shadow Fall (PS4) 130 26.21%

Ryse (XBONE) 60 12.10%

Killer Instinct (XBONE) 1 0.20%

Contrast (PS4) 1 0.20%

Nintendoland (Wii U) 5 1.01%

Super Mario 3D World (Wii U) 196 39.52%

Battlefield 4 (PS4/XBONE) 18 3.63%

Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS4/XBONE) 0 0%

Pikmin 3 (Wii U) 62 12.50%

Other 23 4.64%

Total:496
se7en7thre3 said:
MikeRox said:

So much is made about the Wii U's lack of power and how massively superior the XBONE and PS4 are in comparison.

The main reason for that is because of receiving (if at all) equal quality  multiplats.  Most people know Nintendo doesn't need ps4/xb1 level power for their games, but once again they created a cheaper, secondary console instead of full on competition.  I'll be buying a PS4 in a few months.  Instead of putting down near $600 for the console, extra controller, game & PSN+, that money could be going straight into Ninty's pocket as well as securing their relationships with 3rd parties since we are buying those games.

I know this isn't what the thread is about, but I just don't want that false premise tossed around casually.  Nintendo created a "hardcore" concept with the gamepad, but then gimped the power.  Its like, selling pizza without the cheese.  Nintendo should have done what M$ did with 360, which was take advantage of the 1 yr head start as the true next console, stealing  "hardcore" fans in the process.

If you're going to spend near $600 to get a PS4 and want to play multiplatform games, the wise choice would be to get a PC...

Around the Network

It would prob be kz shadowfall and bf4 on ps4.

orniletter said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
art direction is a matter of opinion. Some games may look very pretty, but in truth can be replicated by any average developer.
Technically I think dying light is the most impressive and its not even finished yet. When it comes out, if it ends up running at 20 frames per second, you can disqualify it, but on the bright side, the devs said they were aiming for 60 so its safe to assume at the very least it will be a solid 30.

Any average developer can produce a game with outstanding art direction ?

What ?

you may think its outstanding, I just think its average cartoony.

We have seen that level of visual quality decades ago, im not sure why you are so impressed.

TheGhosts said:

I still believe that one day all gamers in the world will understand that the game experience is more important than graphic power and that Super Mario Bros on the NES makes more fun to play than Killzone: Shadow Fail!!!

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

Killzone shadow fall is shooter and matured content and can be experienced by many people simultaneously in multi player but Mario bros is platformer for family and kids with max 4 players. You can't compare both same as they are targated differently and each has its way to generate fun and casual play of Mario is more popluar because they are the most of the people in the world.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

I think Ryse and Killzone look impressive, but ironic that they prove that pretty graphics alone does not a great game make. 3D World runs smooth as butter at 60fps, which really does make a difference. I think its accepted that all new gen hardware (U,4,1) are capable of great looking games.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Around the Network
Arius Dion said:
I think Ryse and Killzone look impressive, but ironic that they prove that pretty graphics alone does not a great game make. 3D World runs smooth as butter at 60fps, which really does make a difference. I think its accepted that all new gen hardware (U,4,1) are capable of great looking games.

Well some are more capable than the others..

Kane1389 said:
Arius Dion said:

Well some are more capable than the others..

Ok...?

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

RazorDragon said:
se7en7thre3 said:
MikeRox said:

So much is made about the Wii U's lack of power and how massively superior the XBONE and PS4 are in comparison.

The main reason for that is because of receiving (if at all) equal quality  multiplats.  Most people know Nintendo doesn't need ps4/xb1 level power for their games, but once again they created a cheaper, secondary console instead of full on competition.  I'll be buying a PS4 in a few months.  Instead of putting down near $600 for the console, extra controller, game & PSN+, that money could be going straight into Ninty's pocket as well as securing their relationships with 3rd parties since we are buying those games.

I know this isn't what the thread is about, but I just don't want that false premise tossed around casually.  Nintendo created a "hardcore" concept with the gamepad, but then gimped the power.  Its like, selling pizza without the cheese.  Nintendo should have done what M$ did with 360, which was take advantage of the 1 yr head start as the true next console, stealing  "hardcore" fans in the process.

If you're going to spend near $600 to get a PS4 and want to play multiplatform games, the wise choice would be to get a PC...

PS4 not only plays Multiplatforms and also exclusives from the great studios of Sony along with PS+ service which provides free games(as long as member). Also some multiplatforms doesn't make into PC(GTA 5) same time and some will never make(Destiny is not on PC), so PC users can't experience some games even in multiplatform and they have to wait as a second hand  and poor optimizations/ports for some games.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

Mario 3D world looks nice, but it's cartoon graphics are easy to achieve vs. something that's trying to look realistic. I think it's a toss up between KZ and Ryse.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
I dont get why Sega can't make a zomfg Sonic game anymore...

For the same reason Rare can't make games like Perfect Dark, 007 and the first Banjoo anymore. Sega is only Sega in name. The people who were there during it's heyday are long gone and doing other things. There's just not enough talent left to make great games.