By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Update! GT6 Global Bombs (N.A, EU and Japan)!! 34% of GT5 Opening Week

every second GT game in the generation sells less than its predecessor.
So no, GT6 is not a flop.

Around the Network

Can only see this doing about 3-4 million.

Nirvana_Nut85 said:

My bad, forgot to add that I used VG #'s for first week sales of GT5.

GT5 was released on a Thursday in Japan (November 25th,2010) and GT6 on a Thursday as well Dec 5th therefore, we are looking at the same time frame (not including EU and N.A). I would also say B, not C-!

Thanks for clarifying. Looks like we're looking at the same time frame, but the data for GT6 is not a complete week yet. Guess we'll find out soon.

If you make as stupid of a decision as Sony did regarding GT6 release, you deserve the sales you get.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Well, we know what this means.........

GRAN TURISMO 6 DEFINITIVE EDITION for PLAYSTATION 4

Coming 2014...............................................................
.....................................................................................
...........or maybe 2015............................, 2016?????

Around the Network

lol some of the responses are pretty familiar

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Nirvana_Nut85 said:

With only 204, 784 copies moved in its first week (compared to 424,737 for GT 5) it would seem that the GT 6 has not even managed to move half the copies of the previous entry in the series which was also released to a smaller userbase. Will we see a similar scenario in  N.A & the E.U? Thoughts? 

(First Week GT5 sales) http://www.vgchartz.com/game/7678/gran-turismo-5/

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/12/11/3ds-wii-u-have-another-strong-sales-week-in-japan

Im glad that GT6 bombed! Actually it should be called GT5.1 + microtransactions. Same tracks, same cars, same graphics, same sounds. They should release it year later on PS4 with a good physics (a driving simulator without realistic car destructions is not a simualtor).

DamnTastic said:
every second GT game in the generation sells less than its predecessor.
So no, GT6 is not a flop.

While you are right in the aspect of predecessor sales, no GT games has been forcasted to only move 50% of the previous game. The lowest  (if we go by VGC #'s ) was from GT3- GT4 which was still 78% of it's predecessors sales. 

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

How are those "bomb" sales. They are not as good as GT5 but they are still good sales.

Bomb and flop get tossed around so much now a days

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Blood_Tears said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
Blood_Tears said:
So when a new game in a franchise opens up lower then its predecessor it's a bomb? Good to know. Then i'll have this tagged for later then. :)

No need to wait, head on over to Nintendo forum where quite a few threads have been made about SM3DW being a failure when it only managed to sell 700,000 + (VG numbers) in it's first two weeks on a console that only has a little over 4 million users.

Ahh so this is your revenge thread then?  Now I get it, carry on.

Why yes, yes it is,lol. I am quite the Sony fan myself but this needed to be done. 

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"