By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GTA V (PS3) now the highest selling HD console game on a single platform! How high can it go??

it can go as high as 22 mil until they released it for Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Around the Network

It can surpass 20M by next year's end !

FrancisNobleman said:
The game runs at a lower resolution than 1280x720, therefore it is not an HD console game.

*BA DUM TISS*

FrancisNobleman said:
The game runs at a lower resolution than 1280x720, therefore it is not an HD console game.

*BA DUM TISS*

The game's native resolution is 1280x720, so it is an HD console game.

jlmurph2 said:
Blood_Tears said:
jlmurph2 said:
What's with the 1 console situation. Just include 360 and its the best selling HD game ever. Bundled or not bundled.

I only wish to discuss the PS3 sales of this game though as is my point to the thread.

Alright then so with your logic, just take away any game that's been bundled wth a console. But wait..GTA V is bundled with the 500GB PS3 :O!!

GTA is also bundled with the Last of Us.

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
FrancisNobleman said:

*BA DUM TISS*

No, its native resolution is 1280 x 720.

Am I missing something?

Yeah I think so as well. I believe GTA IV had a 20% lower resolution on PS3 as on Xbox 360 where it was also 720p but I think GTA V is 720p on both platforms. At least Digital Foundry wrote that if I remember correct.

Pretty sick sales, can't believe the game released only some months ago and that there are still people like me who didn't buy it yet because they wait for a PC or even PS4 or Xbox One version. If people would know that there won't be also a PC and maybe PS4/Xb1 version, sales of the PS3 version would be maybe already 15 or 16m...

GTA V already beat San Andreas. San Andreas sold exclusively on ps2 first remember, that means you have to account atleast some of the sales of the 360 version.

AnthonyW86 said:
GTA V already beat San Andreas. San Andreas sold exclusively on ps2 first remember, that means you have to account atleast some of the sales of the 360 version.

Read the op again.

Wow, I didn't realize it was the best selling PS3 title already. I'm surprised there hasn't been a thread on this already. It should easily clear 20mil to eclipse every other PS3 title by a very large margin.

Hopefully this sparks a huge change in the popularity of Call of Duty, and the types of games developers are encouraged to produce.