By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GTA V (PS3) now the highest selling HD console game on a single platform! How high can it go??

Blood_Tears said:
AnthonyW86 said:
GTA V already beat San Andreas. San Andreas sold exclusively on ps2 first remember, that means you have to account atleast some of the sales of the 360 version.

Read the op again.

I know what it say's but the comparison is still unfair.

Around the Network
AnthonyW86 said:
Blood_Tears said:
AnthonyW86 said:
GTA V already beat San Andreas. San Andreas sold exclusively on ps2 first remember, that means you have to account atleast some of the sales of the 360 version.

Read the op again.

How is it unfair?  The game is on 2 different platforms now and I am looking at the higher one in this thread. I have taken the data of the previous installments from one platform (PS2) and compared them to the latest installment (PS3) and asking people to predict if the PS3 version (1 Sku) will come close to the previous versions. (again 1 sku)    It's a sales site, so I am comparing this franchise sales on Sony platforms new and old.

FrancisNobleman said:
The game runs at a lower resolution than 1280x720, therefore it is not an HD console game.

*BA DUM TISS*

Source?

radishhead said:
domflo said:
Blood_Tears said:
Mad55 said:
Actually its still kinect cause gtaV was bundled sometimes as well. it's still pretty impressive though.

Keyword = sometimes. The majority of the sales came from unbundled sku's which is why I excluded KA's which is like Wii Sports. (Bundled 100% of the time)

I might be wrong, but I believe Wii Sports wasn't bundled 100% of the time. I think in Japan it wasn't even bundled to begin with. Dunno about Kinect Adventures though.

I can confirm that the Wii that I bought boxed, new, from a store, wasn't bundled with Wii Sports

Just curious, was it bundled with anything at all?

But again, people need to stop lumping the entire bundling ecosystem in with SMB/Duck Hunt -_-

idk, i think kinect adventures should count. so second highest. still impressive for gta to top cod

Around the Network
STRYKIE said:
radishhead said:
domflo said:
Blood_Tears said:
Mad55 said:
Actually its still kinect cause gtaV was bundled sometimes as well. it's still pretty impressive though.

Keyword = sometimes. The majority of the sales came from unbundled sku's which is why I excluded KA's which is like Wii Sports. (Bundled 100% of the time)

I might be wrong, but I believe Wii Sports wasn't bundled 100% of the time. I think in Japan it wasn't even bundled to begin with. Dunno about Kinect Adventures though.

I can confirm that the Wii that I bought boxed, new, from a store, wasn't bundled with Wii Sports

But again, people need to stop lumping the entire bundling ecosystem in with SMB/Duck Hunt -_-

It may have been bundled with Wii Sports Resort?

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Blood_Tears said:
AnthonyW86 said:
Blood_Tears said:
AnthonyW86 said:

Read the op again.

How is it unfair?  The game is on 2 different platforms now and I am looking at the higher one in this thread. I have taken the data of the previous installments from one platform (PS2) and compared them to the latest installment (PS3) and asking people to predict if the PS3 version (1 Sku) will come close to the previous versions. (again 1 sku)    It's a sales site, so I am comparing this franchise sales on Sony platforms new and old.

It's a bad comparison because if GTA V had been (timed) exclusive on PS3 like San Andreas was on PS2 it would have sold much more on one platform. The XB version of San Andreas ended up selling less then 2 million while GTA V sold 12m+ on 360.

So San Andreas sold just under 23 million on PS2 and Xbox in the end.

GTA IV already sold over 26 million on PS3 and 360.

GTA V has outsold San Andreas.

radishhead said:
STRYKIE said:
radishhead said:
domflo said:
Blood_Tears said:
Mad55 said:

It may have been bundled with Wii Sports Resort?

Makes sense I guess.

AnthonyW86 said:
Blood_Tears said:
AnthonyW86 said:
Blood_Tears said:
AnthonyW86 said:

Read the op again.

It's a bad comparison because if GTA V had been (timed) exclusive on PS3 like San Andreas was on PS2 it would have sold much more on one platform. The XB version of San Andreas ended up selling less then 2 million while GTA V sold 12m+ on 360.

Nevermind, I give up trying  to explain to you what this thread is about. It's like a broken record. I really don't care about San Andreas being timed exclusive. Your "what if" logic is mind boggling. Make a prediction or not and move on please. 

Blood_Tears said:
AnthonyW86 said:
Blood_Tears said:
AnthonyW86 said:
Blood_Tears said:
AnthonyW86 said:

Read the op again.

Nevermind, I give up trying  to explain to you what this thread is about. It's like a broken record. I really don't care about San Andreas being timed exclusive. Your "what if" logic is mind boggling. Make a prediction or not and move on please. 

I know what this thread is about i was just trying to explain that it's a bad comparison. Anyway your prediction is a bit on the low side, since the numbers here do not include digital sales. Therefore GTA V on PS3 could already be close to 16 million. Accounting for the fact that it's doing half a million a week right now it could already reach the 18-19 million you expected by the end of the year.

LTD GTA V will also easily beat the San Andreas number, be it that it's actually much more impressive for the reasons i explained earlier.