By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GTA V (PS3) now the highest selling HD console game on a single platform! How high can it go??

Since GTA has returned to be a Playstation franchise with GTA V now the top selling HD console game on a single platform of the PS3/360 gen; (Pack in game Kinect Adventures excluded for obvious reasons) Where do you think this game will end up on the all time sales charts?   Will it run past Vice City or even get close to the mighty San Andreas?   (single platform wise)

I think it will get close at 18 or 19M lifetime, What are others predicting?

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas  - 20.81M  (PS2 platform only)

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - 16.15M  (PS2 platform only)

Grand Theft Auto V – 14.58M  (Thus far) 

(Sales data Source – vgchartz.com)

Around the Network

it will pass san andreas,(maybe already has with digital sales)
as gta5 hasn't even reached budget mode and got 75% of gta sa sales+ ps3 sales will rise when gta5 is released on pc/next gen.

SxyxS said:
it will pass san andreas,(maybe already has with digital sales)
as gta5 hasn't even reached budget mode and got 75% of gta sa sales+ ps3 sales will rise when gta5 is released on pc/next gen.

Hmm good point, I forgot about digital sales.

What's with the 1 console situation. Just include 360 and its the best selling HD game ever. Bundled or not bundled.

The game runs at a lower resolution than 1280x720, therefore it is not an HD console game.

*BA DUM TISS*

Around the Network

It will sell more than Vice City, but i'm not too sure about it outselling San Andreas. If a PS4 version comes out, the sales will die off rather quickly.

This would've been a sure thing had GTA5 released a little earlier and not so close to the end of the generation.

jlmurph2 said:
What's with the 1 console situation. Just include 360 and its the best selling HD game ever. Bundled or not bundled.

I only wish to discuss the PS3 sales of this game though as is my point to the thread.

Pffff. Excluding Kinect Adventures, which is so hardcore that GTA V wishes to be like it, to make a point. DUMB I SAY!!

Blood_Tears said:
jlmurph2 said:

I only wish to discuss the PS3 sales of this game though as is my point to the thread.

Alright then so with your logic, just take away any game that's been bundled wth a console. But wait..GTA V is bundled with the 500GB PS3 :O!!

FrancisNobleman said:
The game runs at a lower resolution than 1280x720, therefore it is not an HD console game.

*BA DUM TISS*

Haha!

I think that's a brilliant comment :D