By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anyone else happy with 3D World commercial failure?

wasnt trying to troll, figured most people who wanted the game, bought it. especially for black friday when there were deals on the system. Im just pessimistic

Around the Network
oniyide said:
wasnt trying to troll, figured most people who wanted the game, bought it. especially for black friday when there were deals on the system. Im just pessimistic

If that were true then why are christmas sales higher than BF? (Dec) :P

tbone51 said:
oniyide said:

...xmas isnt here yet. You're not from the future or a precog so im gonna take a "believe it, when i see it" approach and FYI i never said it WONT reach a mil before the year is out, i just wouldnt be surprised if it didnt

oniyide said:

There were barely any deals on the system for Black Friday. Actually I believe only one major retalier had it under MSRP while basically every major retailer had some type of deal on 360/PS3/3DS. U could get 360 for as low as $99, PS3 for $149 and 2DS/3DS for $99/149 vs Wii U for $249.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

orniletter said:
prayformojo said:
I am under the belief that Mario should be retired for a few years or more BUT, if and when it happens, console Mario's should always be way more ambitious. Leave the 2D for handhelds where that sort of thing belongs.

Besides, the only reason we got 3D World is because Nintendo, under Iwata, has turned into a cheap company. They were able to use the same assets and design concept with 3D World. Had they developed something revolutionary like Galaxy? The costs would have been insanely higher.

I love how people judge a game without even playing it.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, on all points.

NSMB Wii is a direct result of porting NSMB DS over to their home console. They've done it before with lots of other IP. Iwata just went to the well one too many times.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
tbone51 said:
oniyide said:

...xmas isnt here yet. You're not from the future or a precog so im gonna take a "believe it, when i see it" approach and FYI i never said it WONT reach a mil before the year is out, i just wouldnt be surprised if it didnt

I never said this year lol. Im comparing ever year before that, look at the charts if you dont believe me

Lol

it´s funny to notice how some people here really don´t understand - or just pretend to not understand - how the market works, or are simply dumb.

then Super Mario 3d world sold 700k... ok..

how many digital copies did it sold?
how many copies nintendo needs to sell in order to make some profit?
how many copies will it sell lifetime?

Unless we have the answer to these three questions, we can´t say it´s a commercial failure.

Ah, good to see the true gamers are about.
Those who want to see a game fail are the ones who keep the industry strong -_-

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

I don't think I've ever seen such a passive-agressive reaction to a video game before. The general message I'm getting from the Nintendo community is, "Man, this game is outstanding, like a real GOTY contender. Now quit being lazy and make me a real 3D Mario game, Nintendo!" And yes, I'm pretty sure I've seen people express these two conflicting thoughts in tandem.

too bad your happiness won't last...

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^