By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anyone else happy with 3D World commercial failure?

I predicted 1 million by the end of 2013 and people on here said that was high and it turns out that number will be low. Digital Sales are becoming much more prevalent on 3DS and Wii U than I ever expected too so the total number sold is most likely already over 800k. For an install base of 4.4 million now, thats pretty good considering that the new consoles are getting so much attention. Just throwing this out there too. I dont think Xbone will catch the Wii U anytime soon, if at all. Outselling the Wii U by only 150k, expecially during the launch period is not going to help it catch up anytime soon.  PS4 might though, even though once both Wii U and PS4 have all their games out, the numbers are going to be very close.  I think the # of people who will end up owning both consoles will be pretty large. No 3rd party stuff on Wii U, yet no Mario/Zelda/Metroid on PS4. Its hard to just choose one.

Around the Network
superhippy420 said:

I predicted 1 million by the end of 2013 and people on here said that was high and it turns out that number will be low. Digital Sales are becoming much more prevalent on 3DS and Wii U than I ever expected too so the total number sold is most likely already over 800k. For an install base of 4.4 million now, thats pretty good considering that the new consoles are getting so much attention. Just throwing this out there too. I dont think Xbone will catch the Wii U anytime soon, if at all. Outselling the Wii U by only 150k, expecially during the launch period is not going to help it catch up anytime soon.  PS4 might though, even though once both Wii U and PS4 have all their games out, the numbers are going to be very close.  I think the # of people who will end up owning both consoles will be pretty large. No 3rd party stuff on Wii U, yet no Mario/Zelda/Metroid on PS4. Its hard to just choose one.

hmmm no. Maybe 750k

Click HERE and be happy 

will it really sell another 300k in a month?

oniyide said:

Is that a serious question?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

oniyide said:

is some kind of joke?

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network
EricFabian said:
oniyide said:

is some kind of joke?

Between lots of stores selling out and Amazon being sold out for a while, I would'nt be shocked if it was already over 1 million right now.  Its Christmas season + Nintendo has been marketing alot now that they have something to sell (SM3DW, Wii Fit U, Wii Sports). 

It has sold 700k in two weeks on a console that has a low install base and you consider that a commercial failure? People do realize Nintendo games have very strong legs too right?

oniyide said:

Sorry man, but that's borderline trolling. With Christmas upcoming, and it being the most hyped Mario game in several years, yes, it will not only sell another 300k, but I'd wager well beyond that. I wouldn't be surprised to see it reach 1.5 mil or so before the end of Dec. 2013.

oniyide said:

Are you serious?

JayWood2010 said:
It's sold 700k in two weeks on a console that has a low install base and you consider that a commercial failure? People do realize Nintendo games have very strong legs too right?

Alot of people on here try to knock Nintendo because Wii U sales were so bad in the 1st 9 months of 2013, and actually thought that the Wii U was dead, even though the only big titles out were  NSMBU (Which sold well), Pikmin (Niche), and Wind Waker (Remake).  Now that a game (yes only 1 game) is out that people are really interested in, the sales are picking up big time, for the game and console.   Nintendo fans keep harping that Smash and Kart will sell consoles because when you look at past sales, those are the 2 that sell the best and move the most consoles.  Games like X and Bayonetta will pump sales up in Japan too, I really doubt they will in the US but you never know.