By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Reggie: Kudos To PS4 and XB1 Launch Then Calls Them “Pretty Hardware” Says “You Need Games”

what he said is 100% correct and games are what sells the systems in the end, people are just grasping and searching for ways to make it sound like he is saying something bad about the ps4/xb1 and he is not.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network
KingdomHeartsFan said:
BMaker11 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

If he means quantity of games then he's talking out of his ass and they will obviously have that, if he means quality games then he has a point since all 4 top rated exclusives are all on the Wii U.

WiiU has been out for a year and PS4 and XBone only have launch titles?

Even so holding all top 4 slots is impressive, especially considering Sony and Microsoft came out with some of their highest rated exclusives in Forza and Killzone.  Also with games like SSB and Mario Kart that are basically garunteed to get high reviews and other games like X and DK that could get high reviews too, the story will probably remain the same in a years time.

Calling it impressive if you've been on the market for over a year and you competition has been out for 2-3 weeks really isn't the right word. It's more like... you've done the bare minimum you were expected to do.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
what he said is 100% correct and games are what sells the systems in the end, people are just grasping and searching for ways to make it sound like he is saying something bad about the ps4/xb1 and he is not.

Nah he's wrong. He goes way beyond games these days.

He has now reached the insight level of a wild Pachter.

I'd hate to have Reggie's job these days, by the looks and sound of him so does he.

Mummelmann said:
He has not reached the insight level of a wild Pachter.

I'd hate to have Reggie's job these days, by the looks and sound of him so does he.

Wonder who would replace him. I mean it can't be a very fulfilling position, it's basically PR isn't it?

Around the Network

Ah, shit, I didn't notice this until now!

"This industry is all about what happens six months down the road, what happens a year down the road." That might not be the best sentence ever uttered, all things considered. What happened six months or a year down the road after the Wii U launch?

Reggie says great software drives the installed base then acts as if that has happened to the Wii U- "as long as we bring great software we will drive or hardware business"- It is obvious he just admitted Nintendo has not had enough good software because the wii U is selling at historical low rate- If Reggie and Iwata had not flat out lied about the launch games coming for the Wii U they would not have even enjoyed that strong launch month or 2 that sold 2 million+ units - the conveniently waited till after the holiday sales season to announce the many very long delays in their launch games

I would never trust Iwata Reggie and Nintendo again- They really treat their customer base very poorly- the more loyal the customer the more they laugh at them via the decisions they make

well this is PR talk what do you expect him to say?

Wii U is being raped from every corner and I can't fix it cause I am Iwata's puppet.

Sony and Microsoft should answer to Nintendo:

"Nintendo, you need more than one great exclusive game (SM3D). You need multiplat games."

Mummelmann said:
Ah, shit, I didn't notice this until now!

"This industry is all about what happens six months down the road, what happens a year down the road." That might not be the best sentence ever uttered, all things considered. What happened six months or a year down the road after the Wii U launch?

That the very sentence that had me shaking my head , I was waiting for the so then how about your 6-12 mths response  but it didn't come .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot