By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Reggie: Kudos To PS4 and XB1 Launch Then Calls Them “Pretty Hardware” Says “You Need Games”

To be fair... they do need games... but so does the wiiU...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

It's funny because the WiiU has been on the road for over a year now.

BMaker11 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

If he means quantity of games then he's talking out of his ass and they will obviously have that, if he means quality games then he has a point since all 4 top rated exclusives are all on the Wii U.

WiiU has been out for a year and PS4 and XBone only have launch titles?

Even so holding all top 4 slots is impressive, especially considering Sony and Microsoft came out with some of their highest rated exclusives in Forza and Killzone.  Also with games like SSB and Mario Kart that are basically garunteed to get high reviews and other games like X and DK that could get high reviews too, the story will probably remain the same in a years time.

Reggie is correct.

Where are the quality games? I'm not going to buy a console that does less than my PC and doesn't even have decent games for it.

I like the guy but he should stay quiet sometimes.

Around the Network
superhippy420 said:
Fusioncode said:
I hope that was just PR talk and Reggie doesn't honestly believe the WiiU is doing well. 3D World has done very little for the WiiU. It barely bumped hardware sales in Japan, and got outsold by Knack in the UK. And I think it's pretty hypocritical of Reggie to say the PS4 and XBO won't have games considering the massive drought the WiiU just went through. Hell both the PS4 and Xbone will have their system sellers in March, only four months after launch. The WiiU won't get it's big system seller until Smash Bros.

It's not really hypocritical, it actually proves his point even more.  No games came out for Wii U = No Sales.   What are the system sellers for Xbone/PS4 exactly.  Titanfall looks cool but new IP's rarely sell well and it is aimed at the same audience that have already bought Xbones. Infamous 1 and 2 combined sold only 4 million.  Donkey Kong isn't even considered a huge title and it moved 6 million.  Heres a good comparison actually.   Wii Music sold 3.2 million while Infamous 2 sold 1.6 million.  Yea system seller.

Infamous has never been a massive franchise, but this it's oppurtunity to become a big seller. There is a ton of hype behind Second Son, there's plenty of people who aren't even going to buy a PS4 until it comes out. Right now it's the definitive PS4 game and that's going to give it 3mil+ sales at least. And yes Donkey Kong Country Returns sold well but that was because there was a lot hype and anticipation behind it. There was like a 15 year gap between DKC3 and DKCR. I don't think DKCR will be able to replicate the sales success. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Sony/Microsoft PR: Yeah, well you need sales TROLOLOLOL

I thought he had a really great response.

Technically he is correct, in reality though the Wii U didn't have the games either.

Pretty hardware???? Is he calling the WiiU ugly??

He sounds bitter.