By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Cranky Kong was the only announcement trending on Twitter after VGX

It was trending for 6 hours (when it got showed then during and after the VGX) i made a comment about it on youtube and my facebook, i said ''for the good or the bad it's still trending'' everyone thinks that i'm delusional but this was actually a genius tactic, DK is going to be a 90+ game just like most people believe Titanfall, Destiny, The Division and all that crap will be but yes, yes, I SEE what ''everyone'' thinks about nintendo showing DK, i thought that myself, but i can also see the other side of the picture that most people CHOOSE to ignore.

Around the Network

Suck on that Titanfall, ya ain't cranky enough.

That proves there were too many people watching that show.

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

Cranky fever!!!

You know, before the show I said if they showed Cranky Kong was announced it would be a dissapointment, but after watching the entire thing it was one of the highlights of the show. The one thing i was really looking forward to was the The Division, and all we got was a trailer telling us how great the graphics were. The Witcher 3 trailer was like one minute, The Stick of Truth had no gameplay and was 22 seconds. The Borderlands thing looks cool but we know nothing about it. See what i'm saying here? Nintendo is the only one who gave us the some actual substance.

Besides, Zelda is to good to be revealed at this disaster of an awards show.

Around the Network

Yeah, I was pretty disappointed about the announcement. Though, i'm over it by now :)

The way I see it, Cranky Kong looks great as a playable character!

The Lesson: Never get hyped about Nintendo unless there's a Nintendo Direct or E3.

Yeah nintendo had to do this.this is probably the only major title for the first few months of the year for wii u and they need to build the hype for it because there will be allot of new wii u owners after christmas that they need to purchase this title. The last thing they can afford to let happen is to repeat last year and have a drought rite after the holidays and kill all there momentum. Donkey Kong has to carry the system untill mario kart or whatever is next gets a release date. Im totally convinced thats why they changed the release date in the first place.

I feel cranky about nintendo reggie

Good for Nintendo. The only thing that got me going crazy was the two new titans in Titanfall and Witcher 3. Most of my friends were going nuts. The Division was almost more important to me but I wanted to see more than that beautiful engine.

The vgas this year were shit, no big anouncements, no reveal that will blow our minds. That is why it is the only thing that went trending.