By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Cranky Kong was the only announcement trending on Twitter after VGX

The problem I have with Cranky is that he's a lame rip-off of a certain other classic platformer. It's one thing for Nintendo and their developers to recycle and rehash old gameplay elements and designs from their vast library, but it's another thing entirely for them to blatantly ripoff other games.

And I wonder if it's just a coincidence that Cranky with the Scrooge McDuck mechanics is coming just as DuckTales itself has seen a revival, or if Retro had those gameplay mechanics in place long before the announcement of DuckTales Remastered.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

I think that Nintendo should feel embarrassed for it. Not all press is good press. Way to hurt the one product under the Nintendo umbrella that needed the most help.

Turks are the only ones using twitter confirmed!

TheShape31 said:
I think that Nintendo should feel embarrassed for it. Not all press is good press. Way to hurt the one product under the Nintendo umbrella that needed the most help.

Everyone on twitter was saying nices thins about the game and some found out the game was coming out. It was successful.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

Things that need to die in 2016: Defeatist attitudes of Nintendo fans

Around the Network

Wow..