By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Playstation Plus is worth every penny, here is valid proof why.

d2wi said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
PS+ is a great service, but these games aren't free. It's a rental service like Netflix, and, like Netflix, it's great. However if you value owning games and have specific tastes, then Plus might not be right for you.

Also, I think people have every right to complain about paying for online multiplayer.

I don't think rental is a good analogy, since you have to give a rental back. Netflix and PSN+ you can just keep extending the subscription.

Maybe a gym membership is a better analogy? You pay a yearly fee to get access to the equipment but can't take it home with you.

Around the Network

One question:

If I subscribe this month to ps plus will I get access to all free games from the beggining of the service ?

Veknoid_Outcast said:
PS+ is a great service, but these games aren't free. It's a rental service like Netflix, and, like Netflix, it's great. However if you value owning games and have specific tastes, then Plus might not be right for you.

Also, I think people have every right to complain about paying for online multiplayer.

But then if Nintendo did it, you probably wouldn't say a word. PS Plus is a great service, it's still cheaper than the competition, still offers more perks, and doesn't block you out of most of the console's best features if you don't have it.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Couldn't agree more. When I just got my Vita I was still a broke graduate student, but the freebies on + certainly sustained me. Uncharted, GR, Wipeout, etc etc etc. Awesome PS+ is.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

DialgaMarine said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

But then if Nintendo did it, you probably wouldn't say a word. PS Plus is a great service, it's still cheaper than the competition, still offers more perks, and doesn't block you out of most of the console's best features if you don't have it.

What are you basing that on? My avatar? Do a little research before you impugn my integrity, and please don't project your own insecurities onto me.

Around the Network

To be honest I really liked it when PSN was free. I hate the paywall and I will be glad to miss on it's features when I get a PS4 in the distant future.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Veknoid_Outcast said:
DialgaMarine said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

What are you basing that on? My avatar? Do a little research before you impugn my integrity, and please don't project your own insecurities onto me.

Zelda avatars unite against the bigotry we face on a daily basis

Veknoid_Outcast said:

So true. These same people obviously think Netflix gives you thousands of movies for free but that is not the case.

If the games are free, cancel your PS+ and then try playing them.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
d2wi said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

I don't think rental is a good analogy, since you have to give a rental back. Netflix and PSN+ you can just keep extending the subscription.

Maybe a gym membership is a better analogy? You pay a yearly fee to get access to the equipment but can't take it home with you.

NO a rental service is fine. If I get a disc off of Netflix I do not have to return it til I want to. Its not like I get a movie in the mail and then have only 24 hours to watch it.

Playstation plus is worth it, but playstation plus puts an insane ammount of pressure on you to continue paying cause if you dont you find yourself with zero games. I find that pressure, unconfortable. I also find it unconfortable to have Sony pick wich games go free. I am picky with my gaming moods and it would just thrown me off course and into chaos with my back catalog.

So... worth it? Yes. At all confortable and flexible? No.
I dont play much online multiplayer on consoles aswell, so i find it raises more issues than its worth it for me.