By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does Wind Waker WiiU add anything new?

DaAndy said:
_crazy_man_ said:
ArtofAngels said:
_crazy_man_ said:

-snip-

Thanks for that, I don't like the idea of hero mode being able to be toggled on/off. Seems very pointless.

I can agree.  Kinda hard to prove you did the whole thing in Hero mode.

3 Heart Hero Mode Challenge is great tho!  I had a lot of fun with it.

Why do you have to prove it??

It should be to make the game more difficult for whom it is too easy. You can not win a medal or something like that. Its just playing a game more challenging. And when there is a boss you cant even beat after 20 tries, at least you have the option, to go back to normal mode for it and after it go back to Hero Mode.

You don't, but I myself would have liked an indicator that I beat it with it always on (more of a pet peave than an actual negative).

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Around the Network
ArtofAngels said:
binary solo said:
Baron said:
binary solo said:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/8347-The-Legend-of-Zelda-The-Windwaker-HD

So, it's good.

Good to know.

:)

Not that ArtofAngels will ever know, because apparently a 5 minute video that is entertaining, informative and on topic is not worth watching.

You posted the link with no information on what I was clicking, it looked like a video review was loading.

You could have said: "Hey Art, this is a great run-down of what's new, so check it out!"

My apologies if you don't know what zero punctuation is, I assumed pretty much everyone does, my mistake. In my defence the last part of the link says "8347-The-Legend-of-Zelda-The-Windwaker-HD" so I did think there was enough information in the link to indicate that what is at the link was relevant to the thread. 

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

DaAndy said:
_crazy_man_ said:
ArtofAngels said:
_crazy_man_ said:

-snip-

Thanks for that, I don't like the idea of hero mode being able to be toggled on/off. Seems very pointless.

I can agree.  Kinda hard to prove you did the whole thing in Hero mode.

3 Heart Hero Mode Challenge is great tho!  I had a lot of fun with it.

Why do you have to prove it??

It should be to make the game more difficult for whom it is too easy. You can not win a medal or something like that. Its just playing a game more challenging. And when there is a boss you cant even beat after 20 tries, at least you have the option, to go back to normal mode for it and after it go back to Hero Mode.

And by doing so you have destroyed any satisfaction you would have had in beating it in Hero Mode. If you can switch back to normal there may as well have never been a hero mode to begin with.

binary solo said:
ArtofAngels said:
binary solo said:
Baron said:
binary solo said:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/8347-The-Legend-of-Zelda-The-Windwaker-HD

So, it's good.

Good to know.

Not that ArtofAngels will ever know, because apparently a 5 minute video that is entertaining, informative and on topic is not worth watching.

You posted the link with no information on what I was clicking, it looked like a video review was loading.

You could have said: "Hey Art, this is a great run-down of what's new, so check it out!"

My apologies if you don't know what zero punctuation is, I assumed pretty much everyone does, my mistake. In my defence the last part of the link says "8347-The-Legend-of-Zelda-The-Windwaker-HD" so I did think there was enough information in the link to indicate that what is at the link was relevant to the thread. 

Well I knew it was about Zelda, I just doubted the video was strictly about new things added, which is what I was after :)

ArtofAngels said:
binary solo said:
ArtofAngels said:
binary solo said:
Baron said:
binary solo said:

So, it's good.

Good to know.

Well I knew it was about Zelda, I just doubted the video was strictly about new things added, which is what I was after :)

And it isn't strictly about new things added, so you may have been disappointed. It's a review video, which identifies some of the key differences in the opinion of the reviewer, but it also talks about a whole lot of other aspects of the game, both good and bad and that are the same on both version.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
ArtofAngels said:
JazzB1987 said:
ArtofAngels said:

Then dont use it....

That's not the point.

What is?
Look there is an OPTION noone is forced to use.  So what is the problem?  Its like saying the cheater tanooki suit in Mario is stupid. Its not. Its for people who want to use it. So it has a point.

If I cant control myself and have to constantly use a feature I actually dont like   its not the games fault. If you are forced to use something on the other hand (like I hate the "IT TOOK YOU THAT MANY MINUTES TO COMPLETE THAT LEVEL HERE YOU HAVE THAT WORTHLESS DIGITAL GOLD MEDAL" stuff in Bayonetta etc) I would agree  It would be annoying.

But a ton of games lets you change the difficulty within the game. The only pointless thing about that WWHD feature is that you have to go back to the main menu to activate it instead of being able to do it while playing the game.

Oh yeah and you just have to prove something to yourself dont limit your existence to proving yourself to others. If you like tell them you beat it on hero mode if they dont believe you  its their fault.

JazzB1987 said:
ArtofAngels said:
JazzB1987 said:
ArtofAngels said:

Then dont use it....

That's not the point.

What is?
Look there is an OPTION noone is forced to use.  So what is the problem?  Its like saying the cheater tanooki suit in Mario is stupid. Its not. Its for people who want to use it. So it has a point.

What I like about the Golden Tanooki Suit is that the game shows if you used it or not (Sparkle vs. No Sparkle Profile Stars).

Hero Mode lacks it, but again its more of a pet pevee than an actual negative.

I never had the desire to turn it off (no matter how rage inducing Puppet Ganon was on 3 Heart Hero Mode).

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

JazzB1987 said:
ArtofAngels said:
JazzB1987 said:
ArtofAngels said:

Then dont use it....

That's not the point.

What is?

If I cant control myself and have to constantly use a feature I actually dont like   its not the games fault. If you are forced to use something on the other hand (like I hate the "IT TOOK YOU THAT MANY MINUTES TO COMPLETE THAT LEVEL HERE YOU HAVE THAT WORTHLESS DIGITAL GOLD MEDAL" stuff in Bayonetta etc) I would agree  It would be annoying.

But a ton of games lets you change the difficulty within the game. The only pointless thing about that WWHD feature is that you have to go back to the main menu to activate it instead of being able to do it while playing the game.

Oh yeah and you just have to prove something to yourself dont limit your existence to proving yourself to others. If you like tell them you beat it on hero mode if they dont believe you  its their fault.

Once again that's not the point. It's the personal satisfaction that comes with the territory in playing games.

If I pick hard mode then why should a game allow me to go back to normal mode mid-way? Seems redundant.

If I wanted to play normal mode I would simply pick normal mode, it's that simple. If they allow a hard mode and give me the ability to choose normal at any point in the game it defeats the entire purpose of selecting hard mode to begin with. Regardless of whether or not I temporarily select normal mode to get through a tough spot.

I really don't see the argument here.

lol started topic to complain about one thing, found out it wasn't true, cherry picked something else to complain about instead.

I didn't like it on the Gamecube. I did like it on Wii U. The difference is that big.