By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does Wind Waker WiiU add anything new?

ListerOfSmeg said:
lol started topic to complain about one thing, found out it wasn't true, cherry picked something else to complain about instead.

I merrily am participating in my own thread, and what did I find out wasn't true? Sounds like there isn't really anything substantially new in this game so I'm not cherry picking shit.

Update your reading comprehension skills.

Around the Network
ArtofAngels said:
haxxiy said:

Personally I didn't read it as easier, but instead less annoying. Wind Waker was filled with annoying things later on to make up for the two lost dungeons, and awkward gameplay features because of the GC controller.

I see, I must have missed something though what is this "Two lost dungeons" you speak of?

Cut content from the final version due to lack of space on disk / time constraints. A lot of Gamecube titles were afflicted by the same problem, due to Nintendo's bad choice of media and their overall panic mode from the low sales - Metroid Prime 2 for instance was supposed have much more content but Nintendo pressed Retro to release the game by 2004 holidays =/

ArtofAngels said:
JazzB1987 said:
ArtofAngels said:

Thanks for that, I don't like the idea of hero mode being able to be toggled on/off. Seems very pointless.

Then dont use it....

That's not the point.

I'm guessing you are an achievement/trophy type person... as otherwise I don't understand why not being able to prove you used hero mode all the way through is an issue. If you turn it on and play the whole game with it then you know you have done so.

Hexa Drive redid some of the textures (you can really see it when you compare it to the original).

The game looks amazing, pictures don´t do it justice.

The best HD remake of all time, barely edging Okami HD out (fucking supersampling on a PS3 !).

ArtofAngels said:
JazzB1987 said:
ArtofAngels said:
JazzB1987 said:
ArtofAngels said:

Thanks for that, I don't like the idea of hero mode being able to be toggled on/off. Seems very pointless.

Then dont use it....

That's not the point.

What is?
Look there is an OPTION noone is forced to use.  So what is the problem?  Its like saying the cheater tanooki suit in Mario is stupid. Its not. Its for people who want to use it. So it has a point.

If I cant control myself and have to constantly use a feature I actually dont like   its not the games fault. If you are forced to use something on the other hand (like I hate the "IT TOOK YOU THAT MANY MINUTES TO COMPLETE THAT LEVEL HERE YOU HAVE THAT WORTHLESS DIGITAL GOLD MEDAL" stuff in Bayonetta etc) I would agree  It would be annoying.

But a ton of games lets you change the difficulty within the game. The only pointless thing about that WWHD feature is that you have to go back to the main menu to activate it instead of being able to do it while playing the game.

Oh yeah and you just have to prove something to yourself dont limit your existence to proving yourself to others. If you like tell them you beat it on hero mode if they dont believe you  its their fault.

Once again that's not the point. It's the personal satisfaction that comes with the territory in playing games.

If I pick hard mode then why should a game allow me to go back to normal mode mid-way? Seems redundant.

If I wanted to play normal mode I would simply pick normal mode, it's that simple. If they allow a hard mode and give me the ability to choose normal at any point in the game it defeats the entire purpose of selecting hard mode to begin with. Regardless of whether or not I temporarily select normal mode to get through a tough spot.

I really don't see the argument here.

You dont understand it right? Its not supposed to be the way you think it is. It is for people that want to change the difficulty.

It does NOT defeat the purpose of the hard mode at all. Thats just what you think.
Having the ability to ignore the Tanooki suit also didnt defeat its purpose. Or having the ability to use cheats without using them also does NOT defeat the purpose of cheats in games. Having the ability to toggle between RETRO and HD look in Halo Anniversary also did neither defeat the HD nor the retro looks purpose.

You are not the only person on the planet you might not like it but others might. Lets say there is a 10 year old kid that finished zelda in normal mode. And now tries to play it in hardmode.  He simply cannot defeat a boss etc but with the toggle option he can simply change the difficulty defeat the boss and then keep playing on hard. Its as simple as that.  Again the only "stupid" thing is that you have to restart the game to do so.

Same is with mario.  Alot of people hate the cheater tanooki suit but they simply dont get that Mario is a game for every type of person no matter the age. Some kids might have a hard time finishing a level so instead of giving up they can "skip" it and they can later try to finish it without the game forcing them to try and try and try because if they dont the game wont progress. Most people (I say people instead of gamers on purpose here) dont finish their games because they get stuck etc. This allows them to keep playing.

Around the Network

Nothing worth the full price if you've already played Wind Waker in my opinion.

I haven't play WW before though, so I'd gladly pay full price.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

I still have the Gamecube version and I think HD is worth the full price. The decent camera alone is a gift from up above.

JazzB1987 said:
ArtofAngels said:
JazzB1987 said:
ArtofAngels said:
JazzB1987 said:
ArtofAngels said:

Then dont use it....

That's not the point.

What is?
Look there is an OPTION noone is forced to use.  So what is the problem?  Its like saying the cheater tanooki suit in Mario is stupid. Its not. Its for people who want to use it. So it has a point.

If I cant control myself and have to constantly use a feature I actually dont like   its not the games fault. If you are forced to use something on the other hand (like I hate the "IT TOOK YOU THAT MANY MINUTES TO COMPLETE THAT LEVEL HERE YOU HAVE THAT WORTHLESS DIGITAL GOLD MEDAL" stuff in Bayonetta etc) I would agree  It would be annoying.

But a ton of games lets you change the difficulty within the game. The only pointless thing about that WWHD feature is that you have to go back to the main menu to activate it instead of being able to do it while playing the game.

Oh yeah and you just have to prove something to yourself dont limit your existence to proving yourself to others. If you like tell them you beat it on hero mode if they dont believe you  its their fault.

Once again that's not the point. It's the personal satisfaction that comes with the territory in playing games.

If I pick hard mode then why should a game allow me to go back to normal mode mid-way? Seems redundant.

If I wanted to play normal mode I would simply pick normal mode, it's that simple. If they allow a hard mode and give me the ability to choose normal at any point in the game it defeats the entire purpose of selecting hard mode to begin with. Regardless of whether or not I temporarily select normal mode to get through a tough spot.

I really don't see the argument here.

You dont understand it right? Its not supposed to be the way you think it is. It is for people that want to change the difficulty.

It does NOT defeat the purpose of the hard mode at all. Thats just what you think.
Having the ability to ignore the Tanooki suit also didnt defeat its purpose. Or having the ability to use cheats without using them also does NOT defeat the purpose of cheats in games. Having the ability to toggle between RETRO and HD look in Halo Anniversary also did neither defeat the HD nor the retro looks purpose.

You are not the only person on the planet you might not like it but others might. Lets say there is a 10 year old kid that finished zelda in normal mode. And now tries to play it in hardmode.  He simply cannot defeat a boss etc but with the toggle option he can simply change the difficulty defeat the boss and then keep playing on hard. Its as simple as that.  Again the only "stupid" thing is that you have to restart the game to do so.

Same is with mario.  Alot of people hate the cheater tanooki suit but they simply dont get that Mario is a game for every type of person no matter the age. Some kids might have a hard time finishing a level so instead of giving up they can "skip" it and they can later try to finish it without the game forcing them to try and try and try because if they dont the game wont progress. Most people (I say people instead of gamers on purpose here) dont finish their games because they get stuck etc. This allows them to keep playing.

Once agian your brain deliberately has a blind spot. I'm sick of repeating myself and clearly you just don't get it.

I don't know anyone who is in favour of having the option to turn down the difficulty midway through a game, so I think you are in the minority here, and the 99% of games that don't allow you to do that is a testimony to the fact.

Also, comparing the suit in 3D land if you die too many times, that's fine BECAUSE HARD MODE WASN'T CHOSEN TO BEGIN WITH. There's a massive difference.

ArtofAngels said:
DaAndy said:
_crazy_man_ said:
ArtofAngels said:
_crazy_man_ said:

-snip-

I can agree.  Kinda hard to prove you did the whole thing in Hero mode.

3 Heart Hero Mode Challenge is great tho!  I had a lot of fun with it.

Why do you have to prove it??

It should be to make the game more difficult for whom it is too easy. You can not win a medal or something like that. Its just playing a game more challenging. And when there is a boss you cant even beat after 20 tries, at least you have the option, to go back to normal mode for it and after it go back to Hero Mode.

And by doing so you have destroyed any satisfaction you would have had in beating it in Hero Mode. If you can switch back to normal there may as well have never been a hero mode to begin with.

What is better?

1) playing the game in Hero mode, switching half way done for one boss/dungeon to normal mode, because you did not managed to beat him/it for hours, and then back to hard mode for the remaining game. At least here you can proceed the playthrough!

2) playing half the game, failing to beat one boss/dungeon all the time, and then restart the complete game (as you want to finish the game) in normal mode and go through the whole game with exception of this one special boss/dungeon almost asleep. Here you have to restart the whole playthrough!

If one really really really really wants to beat everything in Hard Mode, he can try it - no problem. Just by the option to switch to normal mode if you want, should not force you to do it.