By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 6 Review Thread (Drama!!)

- sims are not on a decline, their is just a limited amount of improvements to be made year after year.
Its always will be a few cars on a track, no matter the power of the console you can only do so much until you cant no more. We are now at that point with sims racing games, small improvements not major jumps like before.

- those crying about fun. GT has always been more fun for me more fun then any Mario FF GTA COD Halo Uncharted. Its a genre for certain people, and based on it 10m seller status over and over again seems lots of people agree with me. This is a game for them and me, might not be for you.

- reviews are broke, scores should not very this much. Its clear to many reviewers don't understand what the hell they are reviewing. Both GT and Forza scores vary to greatly.

- reviewers should be choosen specifically for genres. i doubt people with gripes against violence in the media or weapons review shooters. So why do car haters review racers ? you got to love cars racing and car culture to love Sims and gave em a legit review.

Around the Network

It's funny because it'll still be the best selling game in December.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Except for the first one I not really enjoy the GT games I hope this is the last GT game and they are going back to making new IP's or spacegames like before.

If you are a racing sim fan a real one I don't see why GT looks so appealing, it just looks like being made by people who have to make this game so a company in Tokyo can make a lot of money from it.

Honestly Project cars sounds more interesting because it is made by fans who probably will not make many money with it but are doing everything to make the game amazing.

Panicnausia said:

People have tested gt6's physics going back to the demo, forza you can win almost all races without ever breaking, it is not even close in comparison.

always fun to read that. ethomaz said the same. there is a simple solution for that called game settings., simply turn of brake and steering assist if you don't like the "arcade mode" made for people who don't care if they play almost on rails or not.

it's almost as fun as those who complain about the rewind function. just take it out in the settings and you are fine and be happy that those who want to use it have the opportunity. they will earn less credits with all these assists so that they already get punished for that. if they still like it let them use it.

crissindahouse said:
Panicnausia said:

People have tested gt6's physics going back to the demo, forza you can win almost all races without ever breaking, it is not even close in comparison.

always fun to read that. ethomaz said the same. there is a simple solution for that called game settings., simply turn of brake and steering assist if you don't like the "arcade mode" made for people who don't care if they play almost on rails or not.

it's almost as fun as those who complain about the rewind function. just take it out in the settings and you are fine.

That has little to do with the fact forza is not close to GT in physics and handling.....

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
I'm kinda starting to like how harsh reviewers are becoming. Much better than the joke some places have been in the past.

While it is nice you also get worthless crap like venture beat. As long as stuff like that remains I will not take reviews serious. 

Panicnausia said:
maple6142 said:
kupomogli said:

Forza 5 vs GT6. Less content than Forza 4, new system, better score.

or you can forget the other parts that make a good sim.

Like forza 5 having better sound, physics/handling, more detailed cars. but forget that right having those 800 japanese cars and shitty sound design since the ps2 era is more important.

Forza physics are not even close to GT6's.....................................The irony of your post is thick. What's more important, Sound or driving physics in a SIM?? Tracks, physics are vastly more important and GT has both in spades over forza. The only thing forza has is more customization and betetr graphics due to being on next gen.

Calm down, he's comparing Forza 4 to Forza 5 http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5866798

Panicnausia said:
crissindahouse said:
Panicnausia said:

it's almost as fun as those who complain about the rewind function. just take it out in the settings and you are fine.

That has little to do with the fact forza is not close to GT in physics and handling.....

hmm let's see, you tried to argue that you can win almost all races even without braking. yes, i'm sure someone who doesn't seem to know that he played with all assist turned on is the right person to argue about forza 5 vs. gt6 handling if you play both with the same settings for assists.

i didn't even say which has the better handling, just that you don't seem to know much about forza and shouldn't talk about it then. or at least not about stuff where you have to know the game better for.

thank god the Polygon score doesn't count in gaming forums

I don't give a toss about reviews, but I just got to say this:

That Venture review is probably one of the most unprofessional essays I've read in recent times. Really, why would you even put a person, that clearly has no idea how to even play said game, as the one in charge of giving it a review?.

That would be like publishing a paper on the protonic exchange between Quinones in pools 1 and 2 of the mitochondrial wall and having an English major reviewing it for publication in Scientific American. Are gaming journalists getting that desperate for hits that they completely forget what professionalism even means?

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"