By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 6 Review Thread (Drama!!)

tiffac said:
Did I just read the Venture beat review right? He sux at racing games but went on to review... a racing simulator... Why do review sites keep on doing this? The lack of empathy alone for the genre will bring down the score.

Next, an armless man with MS is reviewing Battletoads.

OT: Not unexpected, there are a great many gripes people have had with the series almost since it began and certainly since it debuted on PS2, yet they're still there and I see them myself to this day.

Here is a thread dedicated to just that notion; http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=173730&page=1#

I have a couple of posts in there that describe some of my grievances for the series.

Around the Network

Seems like Polyphony Digital is like the new Nintendo. (For the Wii U anyways) Stuck in their old ways on a system that worked in the past but change is needed.

The reviews don't surprise me one bit. Mare minutes into playing the demo I was falling asleep. Its a shame that drones across the globe will buy this game in spades, so many more competent racing games out there.

User was banned for this post.

yo_john117

kowenicki said:
Panicnausia said:

how do you figure that 90% figure?? Can play online for years.. I play SP to drive the cars, test out the physics, tracks..but when you want good racing, you race others. No racing game has realistic AI. People find GT fun, see sales. You do not equal the sole authority on what is fun and not.

People have tested gt6's physics going back to the demo, forza you can win almost all races without ever breaking, it is not even close in comparison.

Oh god, not this again.  What a load of horseshit.  You have clearly never played forza or if you have you seem to be unable to navigate the menu and select the difficulty levels.    But even on the most simple and with all assist and guides on (for kids presumably) you couldnt win a race without braking  ("breaking" is something totally different by the way)

Stop lying.

...and I know I'm not the sole authority on fun (neither are you), but a lot of reviewers have agreed on this aspect for both GT5 and now this.

Gt sells more then every other race game by miles....consumers decide whats fun.

I had a 360, played forza, and 1 of my friends has an x1 and forza 5, I have played it, and its a good but flawed game itself, it's physics simply are not close to GT's, both games do things better then the other.

foodfather said:
The reviews don't surprise me one bit. Mare minutes into playing the demo I was falling asleep. Its a shame that drones across the globe will buy this game in spades, so many more competent racing games out there.

Drones?? No need of this BS come on. reported.

Around the Network
foodfather said:

Right... its a shame you dont know what a competent racing sim is. 

tiffac said:
Did I just read the Venture beat review right? He sux at racing games but went on to review... a racing simulator... Why do review sites keep on doing this? The lack of empathy alone for the genre will bring down the score.

Agreed, that was pathetic, that site should be ashamed. Many of the criticisms of Gt6 are valid, but that review is an embarassment.

Good chance it will be the first GT i wont buy, just a case of bad timing, not enough improvements to career, and not wanting to encourage developers thats its ok to charge money for cheats.

Polygon trying to sound neutral! ROFL....

foodfather said:

Why are you calling the fans of this game drones? Who are you to Judge!?