By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 6 Graphics Downgraded From Gran Turismo 5

Tagged games:

Good enough for me. As long as loadings and menus are better than GT5 then I'm happy, and I hear they've been correcting those things.

Yep.

Around the Network

Eh I think GT6 looks better. Lots of those "downgrades" are stretching it.

To be honest, people spend waaaaaay too much time on these forums bashing games. The game looks great so why focus on minor details that you probably won't even notice when playing? Besides, from what I have seen, GT6 looks alot sharper than its predecessor.

Inclusion of motion blur and soft shadows for the cars. An upgrade, more like :P

A question from someone curious. What's the difference between the games? To me they look exactly the same. They have the same cars and the same maps?

Around the Network
wangjingwanjia said:
A question from someone curious. What's the difference between the games? To me they look exactly the same. They have the same cars and the same maps?

One has the number 5 the other has the number 6.

gt5 shadows were doing more than ps3 could handle, it resulted in issues I'm glad they have got rid of that

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Stupid comparison, soft shadows vs cutouts?, this is a ps3 game, forza 5 is an xbox one game.

next.

p.s.

I guess reality got downgraded in 2013 since 2012, shadows under this real car aren't sharp anymore theyre just a blurry mess.

Have he considered that the compromise is for night/day and weather cycle not motion blur (urgh)... Or more pixel (why use more pixels to have worse result?? Less jaggies?).

Also consider its the inferior academy demo, not final version... When my pre-order arrive, I'll further the feedback.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

A very informative article. Up until this poin at least:

"We're clearly seeing with Gran Turismo 6 that the game definitely should have been delayed for a release on the PS4, so that perhaps instead Polyphony could have retained all the visual highlights from Gran Turismo 5, while adding all the new tricks and filter improvements from Gran Turismo 6.

Still, I suppose it's just impressive that they've managed to get a good looking game to run at decent frames, at an acceptable resolution, while sacrificing bits and pieces of visual fidelity here and there. "

The author makes his points, gains some momentum and then ushers in his own view and politics on subjects of game releases and game appearances. As far as I am concerned, this analysis is just a means to an end. Also a thing I don't understand is: what is the number of decent frames and which exactly is the acceptable resolution? Is 1080p/60fps decent and acceptable? On PS3? Then, I, suppose, anything lesser than that is unacceptable, let alone if it were on a next gen and more powerful machine.

I also agree with @frequency's post above. Real shadows on cars are very, very simple.

Edit: People (especially reviewers) must also consider that the game is using more resources due to advanced physics and improved weather/day/night cycles. I am currently playing the game - in terms of reviewing it - and find it generally improved from its last installment.

This, I stole from grandpa...It's called soap.