By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 6 Graphics Downgraded From Gran Turismo 5

Tagged games:

Very interesting read

I sat there for a second looking at the 1st picture trying to figure out which one looked better and i was leaning towards the right pic

but i do see how some things had to be sacrificed

I'm glad that Polyphony finally got this out of the way. Now we can move on to the PS4 to start a new with GT7

Around the Network

Please bring a port to the PS4, I cant wait that long for GT7.

Frequency said:

Stupid comparison, soft shadows vs cutouts?, this is a ps3 game, forza 5 is an xbox one game.

next.

p.s.

I guess reality got downgraded in 2013 since 2012, shadows under this real car aren't sharp anymore theyre just a blurry mess.

hmm

i almost forgot that Forza 5 was on Superior hardware while reading that specific part in the OP

good post

enditall727 said:
Very interesting read

I sat there for a second looking at the 1st picture trying to figure out which one looked better and i was leaning towards the right pic

but i do see how some things had to be sacrificed

I'm glad that Polyphony finally got this out of the way. Now we can move on to the PS4 to start a new with GT7

There werent even comprimises, the game uses an active lighting solution now, when the lighting is overcast, or indirect (sunny but suns obscured by clouds) the car shadows are, realistically, blurred, when theres direct sunlight, the shadows are pronounced and sharper, as they should be.

youtube for GT6 and set age to 1 day for a few EU retail version videos you will see that shadows didnt suffer at all.

whole argument is based off of misinformation from watching a single video, which itself isnt based on the final product and only shows one lighting situation, its loony.

Isn't blurring things extra work? How is that to increase performance?
I can't tell that the reflections are lower from that video, GT5 seems to have stronger cloud reflection, GT6 looks cleaner. Who plays this game in para sailing mode anyway...

The power lines look a lot better in GT6 at Suzuka.

Can't wait to drive the ring again:
A more significant achievement is that Polyphony's engine is quite often the measure of what we're seeing on next-gen consoles. Gran Turismo's attention to detail is legendary, but it's the light the studio's craft is cast in where Gran Turismo 6 shines. Seeing the thin light cast by a car illuminating the forests of the Nurburgring in the late afternoon sun creates an eerily life-like scene, and one that's not without its own beauty
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-12-06-gran-turismo-6-review

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:

Isn't blurring things extra work? How is that to increase performance?
I can't tell that the reflections are lower from that video, GT5 seems to have stronger cloud reflection, GT6 looks cleaner. Who plays this game in para sailing mode anyway...

The power lines look a lot better in GT6 at Suzuka.

Can't wait to drive the ring again:
A more significant achievement is that Polyphony's engine is quite often the measure of what we're seeing on next-gen consoles. Gran Turismo's attention to detail is legendary, but it's the light the studio's craft is cast in where Gran Turismo 6 shines. Seeing the thin light cast by a car illuminating the forests of the Nurburgring in the late afternoon sun creates an eerily life-like scene, and one that's not without its own beauty
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-12-06-gran-turismo-6-review

I think the reviewer try to tell us something here.

Yeah, I agree that they should have just made it for PS4 but oh well.

I'd really have to play both retail versions myself and see them in motion on the same set up before coming up with a legit opinion.

This whole comparing demos with a finished product via craptastic compressed, low res screenshots, gifs, etc. really doesn't help me.

the whole picture in gt6 looks blured i have the games 5 and 6 and im going to tell u its not that blury and gt6 looks amazing.. the guy must be using av cables or somthing..

Putin said:
How can you judge on those blured low-res screenshots? :/

If it's even noticeable on low-res shots, then it would be even more noticeable on hi-res ones.