By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 6 Graphics Downgraded From Gran Turismo 5

Tagged games:

I don't know if graphics are downgraded or not, but I honestly wasn't impressed.

Great racer, but unremarkable visuals.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

GT6 looks better... shaper and beautiful.

The shadows are better too the pics just have different time of day... that's why the shadows seems in difference spots.

GT6 is a new level of graphics for th franchise.

Mr Puggsly said:

But Forza 4 still looks better than GT6 in spite of being years older.

I don't see why it matters if autovista cars look amazing in comparison to in-game.

Forza 4 didn't look better than GT5... GT6 looks even better.

I think we already passed that because in graphic terms and driving phisics every reviewers agreed GT5 > Forza 4.

PS. And the guys using the stanrdar cars to show the low graphics of GT6 lol.

Yeahhhhhh ... what good does this kind of nitpicking really do anybody?

ethomaz said:
GT6 looks better... shaper and beautiful.

The shadows are better too the pics just have different time of day... that's why the shadows seems in difference spots.

GT6 is a new level of graphics for th franchise.

Are there still framerate issues in 1080p like in the demo?

Around the Network

walsufnir said:

There are some... not like the demo. For example the cockpit in the demo was the part that suffered more framerate issues and now it is not that bad... in the demo it was almost unplayable in cockpit view at 1080p (720p was fine for any view).

But I don't have any metric system... so DF will show the framerate drops parts.

To be fair the GT5 at launch have more framerate issue than GT6.

ethomaz said:

walsufnir said:

There are some... not like the demo. For example the cockpit in the demo was the part that suffered more framerate issues and now it is not that bad... in the demo it was almost unplayable in cockpit view at 1080p (720p was fine for any view).

But 720p runs fine, I guess? At least they have an option for gamers.

walsufnir said:

But 720p runs fine, I guess? At least they have an option for gamers.

720p is solid but you need to change the PS3 system resolution to the game uses the 720p mode... if you are playing only GT6 fine but if you want to play any 1080p game you will need to change the PS4 system resolution again... the good news PS3 have few games in 1080p so you won't see difference even if you choose to play only with 720p setthings.

ethomaz said:

Forza 4 didn't look better than GT5... GT6 looks even better.

I think we already passed that because in graphic terms and driving phisics every reviewers agreed GT5 > Forza 4.

PS. And the guys using the stanrdar cars to show the low graphics of GT6 lol.

I'm guessing you didn't actually play much Forza 4 if at all.

As far as reviews go... Forza 4 > GT5 > GT6

I've played all the games in question, GT6 doesn't look like much of an improvment over GT5.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:

I'm guessing you didn't actually play much Forza 4 if at all.

I played not much but GT5 looks better than Forza 4... it is noticiable better when you have more than one car on the track... Forza 4 looks good only when you are in time trial or any mode with only one car in the track... more than one it shif LODs and get worst.

The Premium cars are better than any Forza 4 cars too by a good margin... there are mode details in GT5 cars and they are more accurate to real life too.

The lighting in GT5 blows away everything you saw in Froza 4 too.

Forza 4 have better enviropments and trees... that's all... the tracks are better and more accurate in GT5 too.