By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What will Reach 10m First? Vita or WiiU

Both at the exact same week!^^

Around the Network

Vita will reach first.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

It's a toss-up at this moment. I'll say Vita.

Wii U  EASILY. Just wait until DK, Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Zelda and all the other goodies will be released.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

sundin13 said:
brendude13 said:
sundin13 said:
Well vita got a boost from Vita TV in Japan and then that dropped like a rock, so in japan, we should see Wii U outselling Vita routinely. In the US, if Black Friday week is any indication, consumers arent really down to buy a Vita. In Europe, even with Wii U doing pretty damn terribly, it is still keeping up with the vita for the most part.

Additionally, Wii U has more system selling software in the pipeline.

Unless Vita catches on as a PS4 accessory or Vita TV is a HUGE hit in the West, I think Wii U should make it to 10 mil first.

No, Black Friday week is not any indication. Neither is the success of Vita TV.

Go on...

I dont claim to be correct, I just made some loosely based assumptions to back my opinion. Now feel free to refute it but please do so a little more thoroughly...

Point A: Black Friday is usually one of the biggest sales days of the entire year for game consoles (if not the biggest) and for Vita to sell under 100K (obviously talking about NA only right now) doesn't bode well. If interest is that low on the biggest sales day of the year, even compared to the Wii U, I don't see the Vita suddenly starting to outsell the Wii U in the US, especially with the software lineup of the Wii U in 2014.

Point B: When I spoke about Vita TV in Japan, I was talking about Japan only. Vita TV was (from what I can see) the main thing that would keep system sales up for a while but seeing as how the boost was mostly short term and seems to be almost non existant now, I dont see the Vita outselling the Wii U in Japan as the Wii U is trending upwards for the holiday and the Vita is still trending downwards (it could very well go up again next week but its baseline seems to be slightly below the Wii U's)

A: Black Friday, and the holidays in general, have always favoured Nintendo / Xbox over Playstation in comparison to the rest of the year. Black Friday is also only significant in NA, where the Vita is on life support right now. I wouldn't draw a conclusion from just 1 week of sales in 1 region.

B: I know you were talking about Japan only, which is why I can't get my head around the point you're trying to make considering the Vita is the 2nd best selling console in Japan this year, has been doubling the WiiU's sales all year and still managed to draw with the WiiU in the week one of it's biggest exclusives launched.

Around the Network

i think wii u cause it will do better in 2014

Vita is much closer to 10 million; so, I vote Vita.

PS4 will push the Vita there.

The Question should be, what will be first? 3DS- 50 million or Wii U/ Vita- 10 million. I guess that isn't as fair though

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Mr Puggsly said:
I'd say Wii U. It has bigger games coming.

The only way Vita is going to get there first is you include Vita TV.

if japan is any parameter,I don't think the extra 250k WW vita tv numbers will matter much.

Math and history are pointing to the Vita reaching it first.