By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Please help my Kickstarter project for my senior design class!

Weedlab said:
TheLivingShadow said:

1. I don't have an Avatar because I choose not to have one.

2. I may not post here a lot, but I've been in VGChartz since the very early beginnings, even slightly before Soriku became a member. I preffer lurking a lot, and I do not like small talk; I only post when I believe I have something essential to contribute. If you don't believe me, look at my posting profile.

3. I would really appreciate it if some of you helped; mostly I was counting on some older users recognizing me. Of course, if you don't want to help an actual undergraduate engineering project at one of the best aerospace schools in the United States, that's fine too. Just do not think for a second that our project is half-assed and uninspired.

I recognize you from before when I used to use another profile here. Unfortunately, I'm unable to provide assistance in this regard at this time. Hopefully other members can. I clicked the link and it does look impressive. All the best with your endeavors.

I pretty much had the same thing to say. Sort of a broke graduate here, so I wish you all the luck. One day I will some how be able to help people kickstart something. 

Around the Network
Weedlab said:

I don't trust people without avatars ....

I'll give it a look ... maybe.

Funny how I thought the same thing: "if he is a vgchater, why he doesn´t have a cool avatar like we all do?"

But, cool project.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Weedlab said:
TheLivingShadow said:

2. I may not post here a lot, but I've been in VGChartz since the very early beginnings, even slightly before Soriku became a member. I preffer lurking a lot, and I do not like small talk; I only post when I believe I have something essential to contribute. If you don't believe me, look at my posting profile.

3. I would really appreciate it if some of you helped; mostly I was counting on some older users recognizing me. Of course, if you don't want to help an actual undergraduate engineering project at one of the best aerospace schools in the United States, that's fine too. Just do not think for a second that our project is half-assed and uninspired.

I recognize you from before when I used to use another profile here. Unfortunately, I'm unable to provide assistance in this regard at this time. Hopefully other members can. I clicked the link and it does look impressive. All the best with your endeavors.

Thanks for the moral support though! I understand if you can't help economically, but perhaps a little sharing around on Facebook/Twitter would be nice? After all, this is a serious undergraduate project which we will work our best to complete by next spring semester.

TO EVERYONE ELSE: I am one of the main leaders in the team and know what's going on; feel free to ask me any questions about the project, or the aerodynamics (my focus), or the materials, etc., even if you don't plan on contributing economically.

TheLivingShadow said:

2. I may not post here a lot, but I've been in VGChartz since the very early beginnings, even slightly before Soriku became a member. I've seen this website change a lot, and I've seen its high times and low times (and right now for me, these are kind of low times). What I like a lot about the VGChartz forums are the high level discussions in politics and philosophy that sometimes take place. I preffer lurking a lot, and I do not like small talk; I only post when I believe I have something essential to contribute. If you don't believe me, look at my posting profile.

4. I forgot to mention; the Kickstarter is at 31% after its first day, so we're trying to ride on as much momentum as we possibly can.

Who has been contributing 31%?
edit: Never mind it says so on your website.

t3mporary_126 said:
TheLivingShadow said:

2. I may not post here a lot, but I've been in VGChartz since the very early beginnings, even slightly before Soriku became a member. I've seen this website change a lot, and I've seen its high times and low times (and right now for me, these are kind of low times). What I like a lot about the VGChartz forums are the high level discussions in politics and philosophy that sometimes take place. I preffer lurking a lot, and I do not like small talk; I only post when I believe I have something essential to contribute. If you don't believe me, look at my posting profile.

4. I forgot to mention; the Kickstarter is at 31% after its first day, so we're trying to ride on as much momentum as we possibly can.

Who has been contributing 31%?
edit: Never mind it says so on your website.

We don't have a large amount of backers yet, but our backers have been very generous to us.

We will be updating the Kickstarter site with a team video later on (in the next couple days). Stay tuned.

Around the Network

Sorry, spent too much on video games to donate.

You know, even 5 bucks will be very helpful toward our goal! Also, you'll be mentioned as a sponsor of our project if you put in at least 5 dollars.

TheLivingShadow said:

1. so you think the site is at a low point during the launch of the 2 major players of the next generation from the looks of it yet you still come to ask for money?

2. you gathered 31% of your money needed on day one of an unknown project on a crowd funding source? this means that you basically have funding before hand who rather than taking off the amount you required from people on kick starter you added had their donations added via this site to make it appear as tho there was interest in your project from persons who are not affiliated with you to begin with?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

ganoncrotch said:
TheLivingShadow said:

1. so you think the site is at a low point during the launch of the 2 major players of the next generation from the looks of it yet you still come to ask for money?

2. you gathered 31% of your money needed on day one of an unknown project on a crowd funding source? this means that you basically have funding before hand who rather than taking off the amount you required from people on kick starter you added had their donations added via this site to make it appear as tho there was interest in your project from persons who are not affiliated with you to begin with?

1. I think it's at a low point for the amount of traffic and quality of discussion that I've seen before. Might just be nostalgia though. This is basically one of two forums I frequent, so why not give it a shot? From past experiences, it seemed to me that some people here would be all over supporting science (and yes, there is science in this project. If our aerodynamic model of the two-piece flapping wing is validated by experimental data that can be collected from a working ornithopter, that would alone be worthy of research publication).

2. Believe me, I am not above speculative tactics to achieve the main goal of acquiring the enough funds. There would be literally no point in doing that at this stage though, and I can honestly say that all the money gathered so far has been obtained primarily from Facebook sharing and asking family and friends. Particularly, some wealthy friends and family from some members have been generous. Also, keep in mind that 31% is just 310 dollars (now at 315). That's not really that much money.

What are you trying to get at anyways? There is no ulterior motive here. We're a senior design team trying to build an ornithopter, and we thought Kickstarter would be a good idea to acquire funding. Obtaining funding through the school is a lot of pain, because they don't order the parts timely, and it is hard to keep a swift line of communication between the staff responsible for funding us and our team.

deskpro2k3 said:
its a spy drone prototype disguised as a bird!

http://www.wimp.com/nanohummingbird/

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’