By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Please help my Kickstarter project for my senior design class!

Hello everybody,

This is a project I'm working on at my university. We're trying to build a radio controlled ornithopter! An ornithopter is a mechanical "bird", which flies by flapping its wings. The design has been finalized but now we need to order the parts to actually build it. Some of the parts are pretty expensive because of the high quality required to make this project attainable. Even though we have received some funding from our university and aerospace companies in the area, we still need at least 1000 dollars to build the first prototype. Check out the project on Kickstarter by clicking on the link below. Any contribution, no matter how small, would mean a lot to me and my team. Also, your donations will be rewarded!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1335680214/icarus

Around the Network

I don't trust people without avatars ....

I'll give it a look ... maybe.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Maybe if you were a more active user.

lol Nobodies gonna help you with anything, get out of here begger.

This is your first post on here in 4 months and it's asking for money, just pointing it out. As a person with no money it doesn't change how I feel about giving something!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
Zax said:

You big old meanie hahahahahahaha!

EDIT

3 minutes later and I'm still laughing lol

its a spy drone prototype disguised as a bird!

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Zax said:

Wow, pretty harsh.......... I like it. 

1. I don't have an Avatar because I choose not to have one.

2. I may not post here a lot, but I've been in VGChartz since the very early beginnings, even slightly before Soriku became a member. I've seen this website change a lot, and I've seen its high times and low times (and right now for me, these are kind of low times). What I like a lot about the VGChartz forums are the high level discussions in politics and philosophy that sometimes take place. I preffer lurking a lot, and I do not like small talk; I only post when I believe I have something essential to contribute. If you don't believe me, look at my posting profile.

3. I would really appreciate it if some of you helped; mostly I was counting on some older users recognizing me. Of course, if you don't want to help an actual undergraduate engineering project at one of the best aerospace schools in the United States, that's fine too. Just do not think for a second that our project is half-assed and uninspired.

4. I forgot to mention; the Kickstarter is at 31% after its first day, so we're trying to ride on as much momentum as we possibly can.

TheLivingShadow said:

1. I don't have an Avatar because I choose not to have one.

2. I may not post here a lot, but I've been in VGChartz since the very early beginnings, even slightly before Soriku became a member. I preffer lurking a lot, and I do not like small talk; I only post when I believe I have something essential to contribute. If you don't believe me, look at my posting profile.

3. I would really appreciate it if some of you helped; mostly I was counting on some older users recognizing me. Of course, if you don't want to help an actual undergraduate engineering project at one of the best aerospace schools in the United States, that's fine too. Just do not think for a second that our project is half-assed and uninspired.

I recognize you from before when I used to use another profile here. Unfortunately, I'm unable to provide assistance in this regard at this time. Hopefully other members can. I clicked the link and it does look impressive. All the best with your endeavors.