By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 behind WiiU in it's second week in NA? What's wrong?

pezus said:
It's almost 100% sold out. If you find it online, link it to me!

Really? You guys cannot find it anywhere? That is weird, Sony should have at least 3 million to USA for 2013, those guys are losing such a window of oportunity, it is almost ridiculous, I give you 4 months or less to people realize that the next gen consoles are not that impressive and then, what is done is done, real work will have to begin, no more selling consoles with no games.

I say: sell as much as you can while people are blinded by excitement, South Park last episode explained perfect: after all is sad and done, you realize a new video game is just... a new video game...

And, ask Nintendo how hard it is to sell a console to people that are not crazy with excitement...

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
MTZehvor said:
TayllorMasi said:

Better, like the PATS against the Broncos! 

What's the PS4's equivalent of that botched punt coverage at the end?

Knack.

Such a low blow, I wonder why they made Knack anyways, it was so obvious for everyone how underwhelming that looked... It would be cool as a RTS though, like a RPG hybrid or something, just like Valkyria chronicles. I love Valkyria Chronicles so much =/

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

I think sony should quit and go 3rd party.

At this rate, ps4 will get discontinued soon.

Al least, it is scoring well with the consumer.

random15 said:
In other news the ps4 has surpassed the wii U's YTD In less than a month.

Not really they sold during 6 months of pre-orders. 

RolStoppable said:
That's bring the tally to 2:1 in weekly wins in favor of the Wii U since the PS4 launched. Looks like the PS4 has already run out of steam. Of course the biased gaming media will spin this into PS4 shortages, but haters gonna hate.

You and D21 are the only ones in this thread that get it.

The guy who made that Unity thread was so right.

Around the Network
okr said:
First PS4 games on #20, #36 and #41 in NA this week, Killzone on #46. So much for Sony domination in NA.

So, nobody is buying software. Of course, if nobody is buying hardware.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

*shrug* I live in Indiana, there were 3 PS4 on the shelves of my best buy when I went in yesterday

Monument Games, Inc.  Like us on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/MonumentGames

Nintendo Netword ID: kanageddaamen

Monument Games, Inc President and Lead Designer
Featured Game: Shiftyx (Android) https://market.android.com/details?id=com.MonumentGames.Shiftyx

Free ad supported version:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.MonumentGames.ShiftyxFree

PS4 is bombing.

kopstudent89 said:

PS4 is bombing.

crissindahouse said:

maybe sony couldn't produce more than ~1m ps4 for this week ww two weeks after they already shipped 1m+ consoles to north america? just a guess but maybe nobody wants a ps4 (that's probably it lol)

just imagine what that means, shipping 2m+ consoles in 14 days. that was a lot of containers on freighters.

Probably 2000 units per container, so ~1000 containers. That's a tiny fraction of global container movements in a 2 week period. And of course a lot of those containers would have been shipped in advance of the US launch.

This is actually not a very good BF week sales-wise. Compared to North America last year the console sales are down 15% and software sales are down about 8%. And last year was lower than 2011 (peak BF year in recent times). This year is also lower than 2010. But it did beat 2009, which shouldn't be hard given there's double the number of consoles on the market compared to 2009.

Pretty sure we can blame supply for both Xb one and PS4 for the low number. Also look at the low NA sales for PS4 outside USA, 4000 only.

I think PS4 is going to have a dismal holiday. I think they are only shipping 3 million prior to January, which means they will sell less than 1 million units through December.

If MS PR is right and Xb one is low in stock all over the place too it might not sell much more than 1 million through December either.

Probably 200-250K weeks for both, which means Wii U will win the holidays between the Nexgen consoles. Congrats Wii U, extending your sales lead should make 3rd parties take note.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix