By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 behind WiiU in it's second week in NA? What's wrong?

Mnementh said:

Look at the numbers on the front-page:

PS4: 165,978

WiiU: 197,597

Its called short of supply genius!!! lol seriously are you for real or just trying to make a usless thread.

Around the Network
Soldado14 said:
Mnementh said:

Look at the numbers on the front-page:

PS4: 165,978

WiiU: 197,597

Its called short of supply genius!!! lol seriously are you for real or just trying to make a usless thread.

BTW, PS4 is back ordered in the US and 2.3 million (with Gamestop alone) PS4 are already backordered and are already called for here is the link. Sony is setting up for a big 2014 probably the biggest for next gen consoles. If you dont understand what backorder means it means they are already sold to someone they are just waiting for the PS4 to restock.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/21/gamestop-23-million-playstation-4-units-on-backorder

It is definitely because of supply constraints.

TayllorMasi said:
PS4 may have supplies issues, but the thing is that this may be the vey best week for the WiiU and now THERE is competition so once more going against all the logic in the planet WiiU is selling better with the competition then it was selling without it. HATER GONNA HATE!

You know Ninty was gratefull for Sonys and MS release saying that it would re-ignate the market... they were aware of the shortages of both and that people that were looking for a next-gen console could end up buying a WiiU, poor people.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Because you can't find the damn console OP, are you seriously this clueless or trying to create a shit-storm of a thread? Congrats, you've accomplished that. But yes, none of my friends have been able to get even ONE console (PS4) since it has launched, we check a lot too. I am the only one whom pre-ordered and have had mine since day one. Even when Amazon got their restock, they sold out in 15 minutes. When I tried to check out with one in my cart, I got an error saying they all sold out. And I've NEVER seen a PS4 in the wild (retailer). Ever. Honest to God. But I've seen XBONE quite a few times, they come and go at Best Buy in my area without issue. Their last one was sold out only 4-5 days ago, forgot which day it was. And that was a black box, which means "day one" edition.

WiiU has millions in circulation, not being sold. Being stored in warehouses, not being shipped anywhere. PS4 isn't anywhere, so of course sales will be lower. Put two and two together. USA is getting small shipments, expect about 125-150k each week now that the EU launch is over. Why? Because they only make about 1 million+ units per month (estimate on expert sources). WiiU had a factory close down that Sony is looking into buying (not for console uses) which shows that they over produced, and are in no desperation to get another factory up and running. They have far to many of these components.

Around the Network

definitely supply, but it reminds me of the original Wii. Nintendo later admitted that sales were lost due to their lack of ability to manufacture enough consoles. Sony and Microsoft have done well to meet demand all things considered but it's true that some people trying to buy one today will no longer want one after xmas. It might be a better xmas season for Wii U than people think.... And as for the 3DS.... Amazing!

pezus said:
It's almost 100% sold out. If you find it online, link it to me!

inb4 only ebay links

RolStoppable said:
Panicnausia said:

You are going to eat a lot of crow............. How did ti beat PS4?? PS4 hit 1 million this week.....And has outsold the wii-u the entire year? You are going to look real foolish with these comments soon. if that is what you call a comeback, for BF the wii-u is dead.

This topic is strictly about North America. You know that things are bad for the PS4 when someone has to shift the goalposts. Damage control at its finest.

You moron, it can't be all about NA when you're talking about demand because a total unit count of 900K+ units went out for that week. When you only make 250,000 units per week for WORLD WIDE SALES, you need to put it into perspective and understand the sales/performance numbers.

Challenge you to go out and find a PS4 not sold, and take a picture with you and your alias here written on it. I say this, because it's not a challenge you will accept you God damn troll. You know it's sold out. Go away.

Supply and games

RolStoppable said:
Panicnausia said:

?? BAD? it broke records, and is supply constrained, and won't be much longer before it pasts wii-u LTD sales. Hilarious you accuse me of damage control....Ps4 will be ahead of wii-u for good by the time next BF week comes.

By next Black Friday? Funny, because previously the PS4 was expected to pass the Wii U's lifetime sales by the end of this year.

How is this possible when they can't even make 5 million units in their manufacturing plants in this time-frame? Jesus, you're clueless. Must be 12, explains your intelligence, the lack there-of anyways.

This post has been moderated by Axumblade