By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 behind WiiU in it's second week in NA? What's wrong?

wait for NPD?

Around the Network
binary solo said:
crissindahouse said:

maybe sony couldn't produce more than ~1m ps4 for this week ww two weeks after they already shipped 1m+ consoles to north america? just a guess but maybe nobody wants a ps4 (that's probably it lol)

just imagine what that means, shipping 2m+ consoles in 14 days. that was a lot of containers on freighters.

Probably 2000 units per container, so ~1000 containers. That's a tiny fraction of global container movements in a 2 week period. And of course a lot of those containers would have been shipped in advance of the US launch.

This is actually not a very good BF week sales-wise. Compared to North America last year the console sales are down 15% and software sales are down about 8%. And last year was lower than 2011 (peak BF year in recent times). This year is also lower than 2010. But it did beat 2009, which shouldn't be hard given there's double the number of consoles on the market compared to 2009.

Pretty sure we can blame supply for both Xb one and PS4 for the low number. Also look at the low NA sales for PS4 outside USA, 4000 only.

I think PS4 is going to have a dismal holiday. I think they are only shipping 3 million prior to January, which means they will sell less than 1 million units through December.

If MS PR is right and Xb one is low in stock all over the place too it might not sell much more than 1 million through December either.

Probably 200-250K weeks for both, which means Wii U will win the holidays between the Nexgen consoles. Congrats Wii U, extending your sales lead should make 3rd parties take note.

well, i know that people eat more banana even in east germany as they buy consoles and that we have many more container movements because of stuff like that but it is still much for a console launch...

kanageddaamen said:
*shrug* I live in Indiana, there were 3 PS4 on the shelves of my best buy when I went in yesterday

SUUUUUUURE, Nintendo gamer. Sure...... (eyerolls)

Next time take a picture. Wait, scratch that. Thing actually have to be real to meet these requirements.

PS4 was a fad

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

Ainars.108 said:
RolStoppable said:
Panicnausia said:

You are going to eat a lot of crow............. How did ti beat PS4?? PS4 hit 1 million this week.....And has outsold the wii-u the entire year? You are going to look real foolish with these comments soon. if that is what you call a comeback, for BF the wii-u is dead.

This topic is strictly about North America. You know that things are bad for the PS4 when someone has to shift the goalposts. Damage control at its finest.

You moron, it can't be all about NA when you're talking about demand because a total unit count of 900K+ units went out for that week. When you only make 250,000 units per week for WORLD WIDE SALES, you need to put it into perspective and understand the sales/performance numbers.

Challenge you to go out and find a PS4 not sold, and take a picture with you and your alias here written on it. I say this, because it's not a challenge you will accept you God damn troll. You know it's sold out. Go away.

He isn't serious... so many people got trolled by the thread...

If you were here longer you would now this guys... even if you new the PS supporters that are agreeing with the OP for the LOLS.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

3DS popularity is Nintendo popularity which also reminds people that there is a lovely WiiU and more great Nintendo games waiting to be played :)

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

The Nintendo brand is popular

pezus said:
It's almost 100% sold out. If you find it online, link it to me!

i found my ps4 through nowinstock.net. if you sign up theyll send you a email when its instock.  but to answer the question ps4 is behind WiiU cause of Supply Nothing else, im sure if it had more stock it would have sold that too.

I can't believe that this is really being discussed... the reason is the limited PS4 supply, what's there to be surprised about?

Ainars.108 said:
RolStoppable said:
Panicnausia said:

You are going to eat a lot of crow............. How did ti beat PS4?? PS4 hit 1 million this week.....And has outsold the wii-u the entire year? You are going to look real foolish with these comments soon. if that is what you call a comeback, for BF the wii-u is dead.

This topic is strictly about North America. You know that things are bad for the PS4 when someone has to shift the goalposts. Damage control at its finest.

You moron, it can't be all about NA when you're talking about demand because a total unit count of 900K+ units went out for that week. When you only make 250,000 units per week for WORLD WIDE SALES, you need to put it into perspective and understand the sales/performance numbers.

Challenge you to go out and find a PS4 not sold, and take a picture with you and your alias here written on it. I say this, because it's not a challenge you will accept you God damn troll. You know it's sold out. Go away.

Dude, chillax!

it is pretty obvious this thread was created to be humorous.  Rol and the op arent serious.  You would know if you had been around longer.

however, that doesnt really excuse the behaviour.  Stop attacking and insulting people or you probably wont be around very long...