By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - HW UP! Global UK SW UP! 30th November 2013

carlos710 said:
3DS owning everything on sight. Whats up with those Vita numbers ? Even the "doomed" Wii U in a single region (America) is enough to outsell its worldwide numbers. Doesn't looks good for Sony's portable platform.

The bigger problem for Sony is that Wii U outsold Vita in Japan. We're talking about a country that is handheld-crazy, and that saw PSP sell nearly 20 million units in its life. 3DS current holds nearly 87% of the handheld market, and over 88% of the handheld software market. Sony really does need to do something - hopefully, they have something big lined up for Japan. One would hope that the PSV's performance is the reason why Sony has held off on launching the PS4 in Japan - to give them time to reinforce their handheld division in the region. The alternative is that they've written off Japan, which would be unfortunate.

Meanwhile, Nintendo is probably rather pleased with Wii U sales in Japan, nowadays. It's now well ahead of PS3 routinely (this began very late in October, I believe some new bundles were released along with Wii Party U), and while it's performing nowhere near as well as the 3DS, it's selling very well. And at the current sales rate, if it can maintain it for the next year, it'll sell nearly 1.5 million units in the year - and that's assuming no sales spikes along the way.

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
kirby007 said:
damn pretty spot on with ww black friday prediction i think* goeslooking for the thred**

Not the worst...

Zbox One: 120k
Xbox 360: 500k
PS4: 80k
PS3: 350k
WiiU: 250k
Wii: 100k
3DS: 800k
Vita:210k

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5852916

oh wow thats actually pretty bad XD

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

legend92(3) said:
Amazing sales for Sonys two home consoles. First and second worldwide.

Great to see that. I didn't expect PS3 doing so great on a BF week.

Can't wait to see the next few weeks for dat PS4... hope the supply problem fixed..

pezus said:
Shinobi-san said:
PS4 in NA is pretty low....is this really just supply issues?

How do we even go about confirming that?

Carl was 100% right with hes prediction. Well done!

Try to find a PS4 at any online retailer. If you do find some, wait 10 minutes and see if they're still in stock. 

I'll pay you $2000 if you can find a PS4 in a store!

I found one! in fact, where I live my gamestop is the flagship gamestop of Canada so we've always had stock of both X1 and PS4 LOL 

Vgcahrtz can sometimes be a bit confusing with the way they display their numbers.

On the front page, PS4 hardware sale for 30 Nov.
N. America 165,978
Europe 708,354
Japan N/A
Globall: 955,435

Click into the chartz and you see:  23 Nov. Hardware.
USA 86,654 (Why does vgc have NA on the front page but only USA if you click on it???)
Cananda 7,215 (NA - USA)
Europe N/A
Japan N/A
Global: 93,869

Flick back to PS4's launch week on the 16 Nov. Hardware.
USA 984,212 
Cananda 87,595 (NA - USA)
Europe N/A
Japan N/A
Global: 1,071,807 

In total:
Total NA to date: 1,331,654
Total EU to date: 708,354
AU / NZ to Date: 81,103 (Global - [NA + EU])*
Total Sale to date: 2,121,111 

*Only 2 other countries that launched the PS4 on 29 Nov.

Around the Network

3ds in beast mode, PS4 45k short of another million sold per week.

Is there supply problem about One too ? I find hard to believe 360 is above in US...

leo-j said:
I say 3ds is mega over tracked

Yep. Those figures definitely don't feel right.

UK clearly doesn't care about Nintendo anymore.

Also, PS4 is undertracked in the US : Sony shipment figures suggest that there were 300K for Black Friday.

ryuzaki57 said:
leo-j said:

Also, PS4 is undertracked in the US : Sony shipment figures suggest that there were 300K for Black Friday.

Every NPD indicates VGC undertracks for 3DS while ps3/wiiu/x360 are usually overtracked (especially x360). Its not that hard to believe 3DS sales are that high, pokemon 2DS Zelda, low prices, best deals. If its overtracked, it wont be by much.

Also yes we know UK Dont care about WiiU but they obviously care for Nintendo, looking at how 3DS+2DS is doing well there. Definetly not overtracked by alot and vgc just adjusted 3DS numbers in europe since it was believed to be way undertracked!

Edit: Ironically the only systems that will be up YoY is Both Nintendo Systems (WiiU+3DS) since X1+PS4 just released and Wii/DS/PS3/X360/PSP/PSV o.O

ryuzaki57 said:
leo-j said:

They might be indifferent to the wii u but certainly not the 2ds/3ds. Selling very well over here now that shops have started to drop the ds.