By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft claims Xbox One sold out worldwide; Retailers beg to differ

Obviously it's not sold out due to lower demand compared to the Ps4 and even the Wii U currently.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Around the Network

It is obvious MS is spinning again, they had no way of knowing in less the 24 hours what x1 sold in NA and europe, x1 is sold out in some places but in a lot it is not. They are easy to find here, and talking to people including store managers here many other places have them. No ps4's anywhere/

Seece said:

I mean, the author and people realise nothing is ever truly sold out right??? I don't know what metrics these companies use but all this anecdotal evidence is a joke.

It's pretty obvious they're all low on stock, only having 1 or 2 in stock. But again, anecdotal.

I was about to say, 1 or 2 isn't a lot at all.

I love these adorable threads. A few stores have 1 or 2 in stock and it means there is no demand and they must be making up sales numbers.

By the way, "sold out at retailers around the world" does not mean you cannot find a single unit anywhere. There are thousands and thousands of retailers around the world and every day some of them get Xbone and PS4 shipments. Neither of them are ever truly sold out.

they should ship more to online stores if retail stores have enough.

Around the Network

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

theprof00 said:

If the one is really that tight, then why are they going for roughly only 20% more on ebay?
Ps4 on the other hand is going for 50% more.

Both are selling for 600+

anyway, it doesn't matter. I live in Boston so I'll check out a couple stores tomorrow, since best buys are everywhere here. If I can grab one ill get it for ebaying.

Not true, I saw plenty PS4s yesterday ending with $468 to $500.

jlmurph2 said:
theprof00 said:

If the one is really that tight, then why are they going for roughly only 20% more on ebay?

anyway, it doesn't matter. I live in Boston so I'll check out a couple stores tomorrow, since best buys are everywhere here. If I can grab one ill get it for ebaying.

Simply don't believe you. PS4 is massively backlogged, any new ones that come in go right to people waiting on pre-orders or waiting lists.

J_Allard said:
I love these adorable threads. A few stores have 1 or 2 in stock and it means there is no demand and they must be making up sales numbers.

By the way, "sold out at retailers around the world" does not mean you cannot find a single unit anywhere. There are thousands and thousands of retailers around the world and every day some of them get Xbone and PS4 shipments. Neither of them are ever truly sold out.

Yah some people need this kind of threads to feel good about their own preferences... Love them too.
As you said, then the only explaination would that Microsoft is making up those sales numbers... It is also another popular thread type these days :)

Panicnausia said:
jlmurph2 said:
theprof00 said:

Simply don't believe you. PS4 is massively backlogged, any new ones that come in go right to people waiting on pre-orders or waiting lists.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_sop=1&_nkw=playstation%204%20console&_dcat=139971&Platform=Sony%2520PlayStation%25204&rt=nc&_udlo=400&_udhi=500

Plenty