By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft claims Xbox One sold out worldwide; Retailers beg to differ

See this is why you take these dumb articles with a pinch of salt. I was just able to go to a Walmart and find 5 PS4's and no Xbones. I bought 2 @ $300 a pop thanks to my brothers 25% discount, and will be selling both for $600. They go for more on Craigslist, but I am good with around $250 of pure profit per sale factoring in gas and taxes.

I will try to buy an Xbone to keep for myself, if I ever find one. I have only seen one in the wild at a Best Buy a couple days after launch and was not sold on it yet so I passed.

Pic, already got a buyer for 600 Allards ;)

Around the Network
J_Allard said:

See this is why you take these dumb articles with a pinch of salt. I was just able to go to a Walmart and find 5 PS4's and no Xbones. I bought 2 @ $300 a pop thanks to my brothers 25% discount, and will be selling both for $600. They go for more on Craigslist, but I am good with around $250 of pure profit per sale factoring in gas and taxes.

I will try to buy an Xbone to keep for myself, if I ever find one. I have only seen one in the wild at a Best Buy a couple days after launch and was not sold on it yet so I passed.

Pic, already got a buyer for 600 Allards ;)

Oh... my... g.

RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

A PS4 appeared in the wiiiiiiild.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA PS4.

WebmasterX said:
It is incredible. If Ps4 has sold out is because there are millions, if Xbox One has sold out is because they have few units ordered. Seriously, where we live in reality?? . Ps4 has sold a little more. But you can buy ps4 safely across Europe. at least me and my friends we can buy it in our area. This generation they (companies) are playing with numbers. They send just enough stores and speak at global numbers. The reality is not what we read on the internet. Is that there is when I go to the store and could buy me thousand thousand Xbone and ps4 today itself. let to much hype

Nobody has said that. You're misinterpreting what people are saying.

Sony has said their numbers, MS has not. THat is what all we know.

Now, in the past with xbox 360, Microsoft has always come out immediately to say what they sold because they were in the lead and proud of it. Now they do not. Information like this, along with other information, is what helps figure out what is going on.

Wait!!!

People are still in denial Xbox One sold more at NA BF and appears to have now a higher stock at US?

I think there are some people that went living into a cave since E3 2013.

I'm with the retailers here. Atleast the european retailers:p

Around the Network
Stefl1504 said:
roborad said:

ms said that xbox ones are "sold out at retailers around the world," not "sold out at ALL retailers around the world."
besides, you ever think that this is just anecdotal evidence?

It's hard to belive that so many people are up in arms about ms's statement.  

Heck, even majornelson's website was updated to acknowledge that xbox one's are still in stock at some retailers, provide advice on how to find one, and states that retailers are replenished with xbox one stock on a weekly basis.  

@bold was my first thought D:

OH! I finally found the flaw in this statement! THE XONE HASN'T RELEASED ALL AROUND THE WORLD!Just look at all the red areas in this rough sketch!

The XBone supposedly sold out at launch.

http://imgur.com/gallery/X3m4uW0

They haven't been "sold out worldwide".....ever. Microsoft is just flat out lying in order to feign high demand, so that people who don't do their research will buy one the moment it becomes "available" because "I have to get it now, or else I won't get it for a very long time", ultimately spurring sales.

Smart marketing move, but it doesn't mean they aren't lying.

No retailer has come out talking about what console system they still have on shelves. Only trolls come out and post false articles and statements. What a joke!

With all this talk of X1 being readily available I decided to check a couple retailers. So on waynhome I had some time before my son was done with his football lifting. So checked Best Buy, GameStop and TRU in Downers Grove, Il. Thought that Best Buy had 3, but turns out they were empty boxes on shelf. I asked because maybe it was just a security measure. Nope they were all out as was TRU and GameStop. So again until the tracking site I posted earlier shows them in stock THE CLAIMS THAT THE X1 is readily available the claims otherwise is just stupid BS.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

BMaker11 said:
The XBone supposedly sold out at launch.

http://imgur.com/gallery/X3m4uW0

They haven't been "sold out worldwide".....ever. Microsoft is just flat out lying in order to feign high demand, so that people who don't do their research will buy one the moment it becomes "available" because "I have to get it now, or else I won't get it for a very long time", ultimately spurring sales.

Smart marketing move, but it doesn't mean they aren't lying.

whoa bmaker!! I haven't seen you in ages!!