By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft claims Xbox One sold out worldwide; Retailers beg to differ

BMaker11 said:
The XBone supposedly sold out at launch.

http://imgur.com/gallery/X3m4uW0

They haven't been "sold out worldwide".....ever. Microsoft is just flat out lying in order to feign high demand, so that people who don't do their research will buy one the moment it becomes "available" because "I have to get it now, or else I won't get it for a very long time", ultimately spurring sales.

Smart marketing move, but it doesn't mean they aren't lying.

Take some time and read the OP more carefully. They never said they are sold out world wide. Neither console is sold out world wide. But both are sold out at tons and tons of retailers world wide.

Around the Network
J_Allard said:
BMaker11 said:

They haven't been "sold out worldwide".....ever. Microsoft is just flat out lying in order to feign high demand, so that people who don't do their research will buy one the moment it becomes "available" because "I have to get it now, or else I won't get it for a very long time", ultimately spurring sales.

Take some time and read the OP more carefully. They never said they are sold out world wide. Neither console is sold out world wide. But both are sold out at tons and tons of retailers world wide.

Oh, my bad, they were being deceitful and playing with words. When you hear "they're sold out at retailers around the world" you think "retailers around the world don't have any to sell". You don't think "oh, only certain retailers don't have them". 

theprof00 said:
BMaker11 said:

whoa bmaker!! I haven't seen you in ages!!

eh, the "console wars" got mundane for a while. Stopped caring when the PS3s library starting blowing up around 2008 and I had a 360 as well. Guess I cared more about playing games than discussing them. 

But, now we're back to square one with consoles that are doing so much more, and we don't know where the possibilities stop, so here I am. It'll probably happen again in a few years....or sooner if /r/gaming doesn't stop pissing me off

BMaker11 said:
theprof00 said:
BMaker11 said:

whoa bmaker!! I haven't seen you in ages!!

eh, the "console wars" got mundane for a while. Stopped caring when the PS3s library starting blowing up around 2008 and I had a 360 as well. Guess I cared more about playing games than discussing them. 

But, now we're back to square one with consoles that are doing so much more, and we don't know where the possibilities stop, so here I am. It'll probably happen again in a few years....or sooner if /r/gaming doesn't stop pissing me off

You should put your old avatar, the one in the hoodie. That was tight.

BMaker11 said:
J_Allard said:
BMaker11 said:

Oh, my bad, they were being deceitful and playing with words. When you hear "they're sold out at retailers around the world" you think "retailers around the world don't have any to sell". You don't think "oh, only certain retailers don't have them". 

No I think anyone using common sense would take it as many retailers around the world are sold out, which is true for both consoles.

Only people looking for something to bitch about with MS would take it as a "deceitful" way of implying you cannot find a single one anywhere in the world.

Around the Network
J_Allard said:

No I think anyone using common sense would take it as many retailers around the world are sold out, which is true for both consoles.

Only people looking for something to bitch about with MS would take it as a "deceitful" way of implying you cannot find a single one anywhere in the world.

You have to admit that it's evasive, don't you think?

He was given ps4 numbers, asked for one was doing, and didn't provide numbers.

theprof00 said:
J_Allard said:

Whether it's evasive or not depends on what was asked and how he answered. We don't know any of that, all the article states is he provided no real sales update. And that is irrelevant to the discussion anyway.

Ok guys I know saying sold out worldwide is easy as hell to nitpick, but the overall message is that demand is meeting supply. Good news :)

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

J_Allard said:
theprof00 said:
J_Allard said:

Whether it's evasive or not depends on what was asked and how he answered. We don't know any of that, all the article states is he provided no real sales update. And that is irrelevant to the discussion anyway.

I think the point of the article was, he don't have numbers, and what we were given isn't even true (even if it actually is), so where does the x1 really stand.

That's what I got out of the article, not my opinion, just seems to be where they were going with it. Anyway, just fyi, I predicted very good sales for x1, because I believe in the product and feel the consumer base will respond well to it, especially over time. It's just curious why MS has been so tight-lipped.

theprof00 said:
Hmm I live in Boston, I should grab one and sell it on the ebay

you live in boston? nice, i live in brockton, GO PATS!!!

on topic: i think MS really allocated a lot of stock for NA, and mosot of the ones shipped here probably did sell out. Europe might be a different story though.

Me gusta queso 

psn id: rychussnik