By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales: Media Create; Famitsu & Dengeki Week 48 (Nov 25 - Dec 1)

Nice for the Wii U. I was expecting about 15k based on 3D World's less than stellar performance.

Around the Network

Mario is pushing hardware. Too bad DKC was pushed or Wii U would've had some serious momentum entering the holidays. Wii U and Vita showing sign of life here!

Also the second week drop for mario is not stop, it's actually solid. It's not gonna drop much from here on now!

Kresnik said:

Lightning hasn't actually dropped like a rock, which is something different for the series at least. Criminal Girls & Dynasty Warriors Vita not so hot though. Nor Assassin's Creed for that matter. Or Toriko and Kamen Rider.

78% (MC)/ 82% (Famitsu) is still a high drop, but I'd say that it can be like FFXIII-2 when a lot of people realized it wasn't a bad game, and got it on week 2.

justiceiro said:
Holiday approaching, all hardware (except vita) is seeing some grow, thankfully wiiu sees the most. Besides, was not last week when the expansion pack of DQX came out in japan? And where is Zelda 3DS?

DQX expansion is being released in two days, then we'll see it (hopefully) in next week's charts.

So, WiiU HW is up, O.o   however 3DWorld had a rather big drop.

Both Pokemon and MH4 are up, so is 3DS HW. Wondering if it is finally the moment when it doesn't drop below 100k.

One Piece seems not that bad, but still hoping for some legs.

PSV TV, won't crack 100k units this year. But we can't be too harsh yet, it hasn't had it first's second holidays.

Edit: Oh and PSV got to 1m YTD!

Excellent numbers for the Wii U. And Criminal girls is another Vita flop in japan, sad thing.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

I'd be happy enough with a WiiU baseline like this in Japan. It's doing decently there at the moment, gone up for a couple weeks now. Still, not stellar and less than a normal console would do in generations past, but we'll take it.

Vita TV... Yeah well.

Around the Network

Vita tv is PSP GO 2.0

Nintendo: I'm pacman

justiceiro said:
Holiday approaching, all hardware (except vita) is seeing some grow, thankfully wiiu sees the most. Besides, was not last week when the expansion pack of DQX came out in japan? And where is Zelda 3DS?

Zelda is released around christmas in Japan .

In terms of reader reviews, is lightning returns the highest rated of the 3?

Kresnik said:
Tally ho.

Wii-U up! Sofware's a bit meh all round, although Miku seems to have retained 100% of its audience from the previous entry, which is good/bad depending on how you look at it.

Lightning hasn't actually dropped like a rock, which is something different for the series at least. Criminal Girls & Dynasty Warriors Vita not so hot though. Nor Assassin's Creed for that matter. Or Toriko and Kamen Rider.

Bit of a difference between the Pokemon numbers for this week too, especially considering I thought it was Famitsu who were the ones who tracked download cards.

concernig lighthing the main reason it doesnt look so  is cause the first week sales r really low for a ff game ! but am glad to c this hopefully square wakes up

carlos710 said:
Excellent numbers for the Wii U. And Criminal girls is another Vita flop in japan, sad thing.

How is selling throuhg half it's shipment a flop? It was never going to do massive numbers