By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ps4 in stock at amazon

PS4 is sold out now, but the Bone is in stock on Amazon still.

My 8th gen collection

Around the Network
Icy-Zone said:
ganoncrotch said:
Icy-Zone said:
This looks like a clean sweep for Sony this gen. I can't wait for the inevitable slew of third party exclusive support that will come as a result of this.

if you think about it Sony have hyped up quite a large number of people with Next gen fever and if they want a taste of it before March14' they're gonna need to pick up a Wiiu or a X1 to soothe their need for Next gen goodness. They could well have done themselves a small bit of an injustice.

I won't buy a PS4 until I graduate at the end of April (self-motivation), but I have to say that my Wii U and Vita are holding me down with some awesome games in the meantime. I can't comment on X1 games because I haven't played any yet.

Oh yeah I know most gamers happily have a backlogue of games which goes to shameful lenghts at this stage, but that doesn't mean that people wont stick a game wrapped up under the Tree for us this christmas because it's an easy gift to get a gamer the next big game, (I know I have a 360 copy of GTA5 under my tree already from my better half, I also know I've a hardback copy of Dr Sleep under the tree for someone else who likes books but already had about 10 other books they're working through, everybody does this)

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

All gone :( just got paid too

MS has fewer markets to supply and lower demand in those markets too, in fact first shipments in most of those markets haven't sold through. So MS can definitely divert more ongoing production to the USA. I wouldn't be surprised if MS is outshipping PS4 on a weekly basis into the USA by as much as 2:1.

Sony was ambitious launching in 35 markets within the space of a month, and arguably this ambitious move is hamstringing US sales potential.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

dem drones

Around the Network

I would resell but im not so heartless

binary solo said:
MS has fewer markets to supply and lower demand in those markets too, in fact first shipments in most of those markets haven't sold through. So MS can definitely divert more ongoing production to the USA. I wouldn't be surprised if MS is outshipping PS4 on a weekly basis into the USA by as much as 2:1.

Sony was ambitious launching in 35 markets within the space of a month, and arguably this ambitious move is hamstringing US sales potential.

Sony knows that a big impact on sales is how many of your friends have it. It's a gamble over who gets the install base first over who sells more, where.

It's hard to say which is the better option. USA is very important, but as we've seen over this past gen, so is Europe.

walsufnir said:
thismeintiel said:
Damn, 1 hour and the PS4 was sold out. 3 hours later and the One is still available. That should tell you something right there.

This doesn't tell you anything if you don't know how much were/are in stock, obviously.

Obviously, there must not be much stock, since it has yet to break the Top 100 Bestsellers, which is updated hourly.  And since the supply isn't that great, but still hasn't sold out within 8 hrs, obviously demand isn't that high.

Xbox One is now also sold out. It sits at rank #114,594 on the bestsellers at amazon, while the PS4 is at rank #280.

I think we can safely assume that one of those consoles is more popular than the other...

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

OdinHades said:
Xbox One is now also sold out. It sits at rank #114,594 on the bestsellers at amazon, while the PS4 is at rank #280.

I think we can safely assume that one of those consoles is more popular than the other...

Hmm how if that is the case PS4 had more supply and sold out fastr

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut