By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How Would You React If The Big New Xbox One Halo Was Halo Wars 2?

Personally, despite being a huge Halo fan, I did not like Halo Wars. Not because it was a bad game - it was not appealing to me. So since I feel this way, I would be disappointed if the new teased Halo became Halo Wars 2.

I appreciate Halo expanding its gameplay styles into RTS and the format of Spartan Assault but Halo is best suited as a shooter, and will affect xbone.

Around the Network

I love rts and halo war Is probably the best console rts ever... And at the same time one of the best alternatives Game on a console outside of nintendo ips...

personally I'd take a halo wars 2 over a halo 5 in 2014 and wait 2015 for halo5... Since halo 4 is more recent than halo wars... But business wise they will release halo 5 2014 it makes way more sense...

I'd start throwing fists.

It's definitely definitely not happening, but it would cause me issues

I really liked Halo Wars 1, but I don't think that alone is enough to make me buy an Xbox One, it will just annoy me

well, if the halo game releasing in 2014 would be a new halo wars and not a new halo i would be not very happy but if a new halo wars would come in 2015 i would be very happy.

but it is already clear that the next halo will be a new halo ego-shooter.

Around the Network

Halo wars with full Kinect voice and motion control and smartglass full integration... Could be finally bring the rts full on onto console

endimion said:
Halo wars with full Kinect voice and motion control and smartglass full integration... Could be finally bring the rts full on onto console

I'd like mouse and keyboard support (Xbox One supports this AFAIK) and for them to allow free form and just try and allow as many assets on screen as possible.

I would love a Star Wars Battlefront-like Halo game: Halo Battlefront :). That one would be HUGE if released!

I dunno, did Microsoft promise an FPS Halo? If they promised it, then case closed, it'll be Halo Wars.

I'd love Halo Wars 2.
But next year is a definite Halo 5. I just hope 343i have taken enough time to craft an excellent game. The MP especially needs to match Halo 2/3 mp.