By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox One outsells PS4 at Target despite being $100 more?

Vikki said:
Garland said:
Vikki said:
I actually expect the Xbone to be leading in North America for most of this gen. Americans just seem to like Xbox more than PlayStation, whereas Europe tends to be much more PlayStation oriented.

Not me. I'm more of a Nintendo fan & a Playstation fan, & I'm an American.

Awesome! But at large, Americans seem to prefer the 360 over the PS3 but obviously not all Americans. I'm sure there's at least one Japanese person that thinks the 360 and Xbone are the dog's bollocks but they're few and far between as far as sales figures show.

I have a Japanese friend on my Xbl friends list. He's ALWAYS online playing XBL arcade games. It seemed so odd, that I sent him a message, asking which console he was going to get, Xbone or PS4 and he said "Xbox, because I love Xbox" lol. It's the weirdest thing I've ever seen.

I think MS just knows what Americans want better than anyone else and that's what they focus on. I remember the tail end of the PS2 generation where the first Xbox, thanks in large part to Halo 2 and XBL, was almost overtaking it. American's love online gaming more than any other country, and that's MS's greatest strength.

Around the Network
prayformojo said:
Vikki said:
Garland said:
Vikki said:
I actually expect the Xbone to be leading in North America for most of this gen. Americans just seem to like Xbox more than PlayStation, whereas Europe tends to be much more PlayStation oriented.

Awesome! But at large, Americans seem to prefer the 360 over the PS3 but obviously not all Americans. I'm sure there's at least one Japanese person that thinks the 360 and Xbone are the dog's bollocks but they're few and far between as far as sales figures show.

I have a Japanese friend on my Xbl friends list. He's ALWAYS online playing XBL arcade games. It seemed so odd, that I sent him a message, asking which console he was going to get, Xbone or PS4 and he said "Xbox, because I love Xbox" lol. It's the weirdest thing I've ever seen.

I think MS just knows what Americans want better than anyone else and that's what they focus on. I remember the tail end of the PS2 generation where the first Xbox, thanks in large part to Halo 2 and XBL, was almost overtaking it. American's love online gaming more than any other country, and that's MS's greatest strength.

That's very true! MS does have a much greater focus on online play whereas Sony has many more single player exclusives...althought sometimes they have tacked on multiplayer. We definitely have our online fanatics here in the UK and they generally buy Xbox too.

]

Did they have PS4s to sell ?

No Wii U on that list? Weren't they doing $250 for the Zelda Wii U bundle?

Expected from the biggest retail in US and because Xbone was sold out everywhere.

Around the Network

I tried to be sarcastic but that's not my way.

It is killing me that nobody faced ultil now that this is a consumer pool... 3000 consumers awnsered the pool at target and 12 bought Xbone.

Vikki said:
Garland said:
Vikki said:

Kinda like how americans prefered the PS2 over the Xbox?

shikamaru317 said:

Wow, if I'm reading that right, the Xbox One sold half as many units as the PS3. That's really impressive considering the fact that the PS3 had a $200 bundle with 2 games. I was expecting this though, I had heard from multiple retailers sources that Microsoft had a pretty big stock ready for Black Friday, whereas Sony had to split their PS4 stock between their European launch and Black Friday.

Its an inventory issue.

At the Walmart I went there were maybe 30 PS3s, but I saw a mountain of $99 Xbox 360s.

Also, I don't think Target got many Xbox Ones.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Vikki said:
toastboy44562 said:
Vikki said:
toastboy44562 said:
Vikki said:
toastboy44562 said:
Vikki said:
toastboy44562 said:
Vikki said:

I can't tell yet. I've seen more people in line waiting for PS4 than xbox at stores. On my facebook I know like 10 people who have the Xbox Ones and one with a ps4. Nobody I know has a Wii U.

I know very few people who have current gens as far as I know.

I'd say about 2 people have Wii u, 1 has an Xbone and like 3 have a PS4.

What country you in? US?

Nope, in the UK. Scotland to be precise.

Ah gotcha. I assume it's similar audience there as in US. I think once the price cut for the Xbox One hits it'll sell on par with PS4

Surprisingly, the UK is pretty much Sony territory. Back in the 90s we had PS1s and Tekken in nightclubs. Even when the PS3 was a glorified BluRay player people still bought shit loads of them. 

360 was popular there too. maybe because it was a cheap alternative to ps3 and word of mouth kept sales strong for 360.

It was popular too, but I remember people made fun of me in school for getting a 360 and not a PS3 xD Really weird. I still know faaaaar more people with PS3s than 360s. Maybe it's just up in Scotland though.

Wow, people actually made fun of you for getting a console of your choice??  

Whenever I told people about I play, I either got a "yeah, ok cool, whatever" or "cool, let's play together sometime," but never did I ever witness anyone being made fun of for a console.  Too many other important things in school for people to waste time making fun of people for consoles..

But...I guess that's just me and muy school.  

zumnupy10 said:
Did they have PS4s to sell ?

Yeah, they did.

I remember someone on here posting about ps4's being in stock at target yesterday.  Let me see if I can go find that link.