By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 UK launch: Sony ready to smash day one sales record, says Gara

Max King of the Wild said:
Vikki said:
Here's hoping at least 250k +

any numbers one the Xbone yet?

150K for X1_

That was day 1, which is why Sony is claiming to still have some sort of record with the PSP since the opening weekned numbers haven't been worked out or something... 

Given the PS3 sold 165k first week, I imagine the PS4 should be able to do 50% more

Around the Network

Well as long Sony has consoles it will break every record.

In Berlin - At 3pm 1000 people were already waiting
Just 200 people were waiting at 11pm for the Xbox One one week earlier.

240k my prediction for UK

UK will be next Sony Land.

With 6 hours to go in the UK, we have ~25 non-preordered PS4's at my store (supermarket) and we've already had to start turning people away. Absolutely ridiculous.

Vikki said:

150K for X1_

Around the Network

260k is my prediction.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

Go for a well rounded 250k

wick said:
260k is my prediction.

Dude,your sig gets me everytime.

OT-237k no less.

C'mon people..., don't be shy..., let's go to 300k..., i don't want to be the only right when numbers are known!!

Turkish said:
Vikki said:

150K for X1_

The 140k figure was a quick estimate by multiplying the 360's launch numbers by two. The article later updated with an exact figure.