By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 UK launch: Sony ready to smash day one sales record, says Gara

Already lines to electronic retailers in Warsaw to get the PS4, will probably be heavily supply constraint according to salesman.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
Turkish said:
Max King of the Wild said:
Vikki said:
Here's hoping at least 250k +

any numbers one the Xbone yet?

150K for X1_

The 140k figure was a quick estimate by multiplying the 360's launch numbers by two. The article later updated with an exact figure.

Damn thats impressive

220K is my prediction.

Today is a good day for Europeans... especially from UK because they will finally see what make a game console special.

290K I'm thinking and 750K for all of Europe.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
Vikki said:
Here's hoping at least 250k +

any numbers one the Xbone yet?

150K for X1_

Ouch. Microsoft are gonna get smashed :|

Sony always was much bigger than Microsoft in the UK anyway.

]

adriane23 said:

I will go with over 1 million for Europe with Sony have supply to.

ethomaz said:
adriane23 said:

I will go with over 1 million for Europe with Sony have supply to.

So you're predicting a 2mil+ 1st tier launch? That's double what MS did. If they can produce that much I would agree, but I just don't know if Sony could actually make that many PS4's, while still having some reserved for replacement and future shipments. And they definitely underestimated the demand for the system.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

eFKac said:
Already lines to electronic retailers in Warsaw to get the PS4, will probably be heavily supply constraint according to salesman.

The local MediaMarkts here didn't even bother to make room for PS4 comsoles. No free stock at least until end of December. Everything is clogged with PS3s, X360s and WiiUs now...

dr. hler said:
eFKac said:

The local MediaMarkts here didn't even bother to make room for PS4 comsoles. No free stock at least until end of December. Everything is clogged with PS3s, Xlaunch s and WiiUs now...

In  Warsaw, Media Markts and Saturns will get a batch not for preorder tomorrow morning (I will try to grab a bundle) but they say it's a really small, limited amount. Euro RTV AGD another big retailer will be only supplying the preorders for the forseeable future. The biggest Sony Store in Warsaw has a midnight launch and they have only 10-15 consoles not for preorder. Probably already enough people in the line, 3 hours ago (6 hours till midnight here) 7-8 people were waiting.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!