By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 UK launch: Sony ready to smash day one sales record, says Gara

dr. hler said:
eFKac said:
Already lines to electronic retailers in Warsaw to get the PS4, will probably be heavily supply constraint according to salesman.

The local MediaMarkts here didn't even bother to make room for PS4 comsoles. No free stock at least until end of December. Everything is clogged with PS3s, Xlaunch s and WiiUs now...

In  Warsaw, Media Markts and Saturns will get a batch not for preorder tomorrow morning (I will try to grab a bundle) but they say it's a really small, limited amount. Euro RTV AGD another big retailer will be only supplying the preorders for the forseeable future. The biggest Sony Store in Warsaw has a midnight launch and they have only 10-15 consoles not for preorder. Probably already enough people in the line, 3 hours ago (6 hours till midnight here) 7-8 people were waiting.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network

Just type in "Asda PS4" or "Tesco PS4" into Twitter search. There are some crazy people out there.

Somebody posted that free mags from UK early this week.

I think it will be tough to beat the xbone, but as others have said it will probably depend on supply.

What really matters of course is this holiday season. Who is going to have more available for purchase this december. Im assuming ps4 will have more available just from the reports about slower yields on the xbone.

Around the Network

According to Metro around the X1 did about 15000 http://metro.co.uk/2013/11/25/forza-motorsport-5-is-best-selling-xbox-one-exclusive-in-new-uk-charts-4200907/

As for Sony, they will beat it, but by how much I don't know.

Depends on how much they ship but 200k should be reasonable..anything above that is just..wow

i guess 250k as they don't have more for UK.
I guess UK will be preferred with ps4 shipments as they want to close the gap to xbox.

scat398 said:
I think it will be tough to beat the xbone, but as others have said it will probably depend on supply.

What really matters of course is this holiday season. Who is going to have more available for purchase this december. Im assuming ps4 will have more available just from the reports about slower yields on the xbone.

As long as supply is there, it will beat the Xbox. Long-term in the UK though, not sure.

SxyxS said:
i guess 250k as they don't have more for UK.
I guess UK will be preferred with ps4 shipments as they want to close the gap to xbox.

Close the gap? There won't be close the game... PS4 will start ahead... far ahead.