By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales - Media Create,Famitsu, & dengeki: week 47 ( Nov. 18 - Nov. 24 ) Bomba everywhere!!

tbone51 said:
Mama Mia!!! All those sales look terrible :'-(

U r prediction it was 120k, so why ist terrible ??!

Around the Network
Incubi said:

Taiko series has been exclusive to Nintendo consoles for years and years and years. Do you think NamcoBandai ever thought: uhum! Taiko is now on wiiu so the sales will just drop dead? There was never any reason to believe something like this could happen. Releasing it on Playstation platforms wont do squat. 

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/50865/taiko-no-tatsujin-portable-dx/

Can someone explain what the sold out thing means? :)

Japan is quite the minefield now-a-days. What a sad world.

its looking like console gaming is pretty much dying in japan

Around the Network
Incubi said:
ryuzaki57 said:

Taiko series has been exclusive to Nintendo consoles for years and years and years. Do you think NamcoBandai ever thought: uhum! Taiko is now on wiiu so the sales will just drop dead? There was never any reason to believe something like this could happen. Releasing it on Playstation platforms wont do squat. 

I wasn't refering to Taiko but to One Piece.

pezus said:
I think it should be clear to anyone right now that the traditional Nintendo franchises will not turn WiiU into anything great. Prevent it from completely crashing and burning, sure, but to actually see good or great sales long term they need something hot, fresh and new.

But, it worked every other time! Nintendo can't go outside their comfort zone. They just can't, Peh-Zeus!

Spilo said:

How much of the first shipment to retailers was sold.

Red = best.

Orange = good.

Yellow = average.

Greeny-yellow (i.e. One Piece this week) = bad.

Pure green (i.e. Taiko this week) = terrible.

Gotta love the "Japan doesn't like western games" still being thrown around. I would have expected that to stop with GTA5, CoD and Battlefield numbers all recently.

Also gotta love the people using the same reasoning why Ps4 and x1 wont sell well in the west for the ps4 not selling well in Japan.

Kresnik said:
Spilo said:

How much of the first shipment to retailers was sold.

Red = best.

Orange = good.

Yellow = average.

Greeny-yellow (i.e. One Piece this week) = bad.

Pure green (i.e. Taiko this week) = terrible.