By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NY Times: "Wii U is the only new console with a game worth playing."

Zelhawks37 said:
Train wreck said:
Zelhawks37 said:
Train wreck said:
Don't know why people are arguing with folks over the wii U getting positive news, just let them bask in the glow and have them overhype this news. If consumers cared about the Wii U they would have bought it in droves over the course of this prior year. Its not like they don't know new Nintendo games are coming. I'm guessing the payola that Nintendo sent out to the multiple publications this past week are for former Wii owners who have neglected the system (and even after the press will continue to do so) to take a second look.

Its not like Sony fans are doing this with the PS4 or anything....

They cant be doing the same thing because the console just launched 10 days ago while the Wii U has been around a year.  Let come back in a year when Sony and 3rd parties have time to establish a library like the Wii U then you can make that judgement.

Yes, you sony guys can. Its called defending a coroporation and attacking another, which is clearly the case here (With your payola comment that holds no backing). Pointless if you ask me since corporations don't put emotional investement into their consumers but hey, thats just me. :) Just accept that the Wii U can have positive news and move on. Not difficult.

I say payola because its not everyday you have multiple publications with the same message for a console that was neglicated press wise all year  and have another retract what they just published days before...as if the message was coordinated.  And its not about me accepting the the Wii U can have positive news, its people blowing these sayings out of proportion.  I guess the numbers will speak for themselves soon, they never lie.

Around the Network
Aerys said:

I should have said " passionnate/big  gamer " :p

So you'll get a xbox one or a very good PC ?

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm passionate about videogames. it's just that videogames here are an expensive hobby.

No PS4, No Xbox One and no PC. They are all dirty expensive here so I'll have to wait years to get one.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Anfebious said:

I consider myself a gamer and I won't get a PS4! You don't need to own every console and play every game to be one. And you definitely don't have to play Sony exclusives to be a "gamer".

I will gladly miss the Sony exclusives, they are good don't get me wrong but they are a tad overrated.

I'll add that most games I'm interesting in are PC bound so I'm in no hurry to get one because I recently built a new PC, in fact next year will be a great year for PCs as it's much easier to transition onto them then ever, I think a lot of Sony fans are overestimating the situation something which has often come back to bite them later on.

Cobretti2 said:
Aerys said:
Cobretti2 said:
Aerys said:
Pavolink said:
Aerys said:
These publications are irrelevant because they only consider short term value.

Stop being defensive. The publication just claims that right now the Wii U is the only next-genconsole with a worth game. There's nothing about future.

Don't try to downplay the Wii U.

Lol, im not defensive, i'm stating facts about the console, not downplaying the quality of this game.
Wii U is the gamecube of the generation, a complementary console for nintendo games but most of the games of the generation wont be on Wii U

Great news. You are prediciting success for WIi U then as considering most people on these forums would consider the Wii to be their comlementary console for nintendo games to the PS360.

Wii was a complementary console for a lot of exclusive games, not only nintendo games.

I'm not predicting success for the console, i'm predicting it will be a console to own in the generation.

But the main console to own  will be the PS4, like the PS2

you are missing the point I am making here. Wii sold 100million units. Lots of people on these forums have said the WIi is their second choice (i.e. complementary console) mainly for Nintendo games. Not bad for something they consider to be complementary. Based on this I could only conclude sucess for Wii U.

Most people on here are either Sony fans or Micrososft fans. They do not buy the competitiors console because its lke committing treason. Therefore if the Nintendo console is not seen as competition and it becomes a second choice console for the supposed top two dogs then suddenly you got the sum of two sides wanting the third device as a second option. That may be 10%-50% of the owners of  the other two systems. We really done know only time will tell.

a lot of gamers, including me, bought the 3 consoles ( it seems i will do the same for this generation). This is why the difference is not that big even if the Wii had the casual market.

I get your point but like i said, the success has nothing to do with being or not a complementary console, the success is only because of the casual market.

Without the casual market, a nintendo console sells like N64/Gamecube ( actually less than GC atm)

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Anfebious said:
Aerys said:

I should have said " passionnate/big  gamer " :p

So you'll get a xbox one or a very good PC ?

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm passionate about videogames. it's just that videogames here are an expensive hobby.

No PS4, No Xbox One and no PC. They are all dirty expensive here so I'll have to wait years to get one.

Right, the Wii U  can be a good deal for those waiting for a price drop of PS4/One.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
0815user said:
Cobretti2 said:
0815user said:
http://cnettv.cnet.com/worst-holiday-tech-gifts/9742-1_53-50158783.html

oh look, wii-u is number 4.

yer and then 4 days ago cnet said Wii U is a compelling buy. Go figure lol.

so we can't trust the media right? fine with me because this negates the whole "Wii U is the only new console with a game worth playing" as well.

uuh no they are opinion pieces done by certain people in these companies. You can't jsut hand pick the one that suits your cause because you feel like u need to put down some positive opinions. 

so you're basicly saying that the positive times article is more valid than the negative CNET statement, right? well then how about the sum of all the negative wii-u media statements this year against the sum of all the positive wii-u statements in the same period? would that count as a more valid counter argument?

I agree with the OT 100%. Personally, I had both PS4 and XOne on order, but after testing out my friend’s PS4 and a few games, I decided it wasn’t worth it at this early stage, so I sold it on arrival. I kept the Xbox One and Forza, simply because I like the XOne’s new UI, but I think it also has a lack of compelling launch games.

I but bought a 3DS Zelda 3DS XL bundle as well. I plan to rebuy the PS4 later when it has something other than Killzone as its best game.

Moral of the story is this, just like the WiiU, the 3DS is a better value right now than the PS4 and XOne.

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.

padib said:
Train wreck said:

Im guessing Reggie was out and about last week just for a weekly jog then

More likely.

Not only that, but Super Mario 3D World is the must have of the holidays, the press (and soon sales) will speak for themselves, no need for payola.

NSMBU was the must have game of last holiday and that really did nothing for the system.  I guess thats the thing, if im a consumer looking to buy a console, I dont want spend $299 for a systeme that is only good "during the holidays", if people do their due diligance, they will see the system being plagued with a number of issues that this one game is not going to resolve...something these articles are leaving out.  Putting the system up against the One and PS4 at their weakest is simple.

Train wreck said:
Don't know why people are arguing with folks over the wii U getting positive news, just let them bask in the glow and have them overhype this news. If consumers cared about the Wii U they would have bought it in droves over the course of this prior year. Its not like they don't know new Nintendo games are coming. I'm guessing the payola that Nintendo sent out to the multiple publications this past week are for former Wii owners who have neglected the system (and even after the press will continue to do so) to take a second look.

payola?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

0815user said:
Cobretti2 said:
0815user said:
Cobretti2 said:
0815user said:
http://cnettv.cnet.com/worst-holiday-tech-gifts/9742-1_53-50158783.html

oh look, wii-u is number 4.

yer and then 4 days ago cnet said Wii U is a compelling buy. Go figure lol.

so we can't trust the media right? fine with me because this negates the whole "Wii U is the only new console with a game worth playing" as well.

uuh no they are opinion pieces done by certain people in these companies. You can't jsut hand pick the one that suits your cause because you feel like u need to put down some positive opinions. 

so you're basicly saying that the positive times article is more valid than the negative CNET statement, right? well then how about the sum of all the negative wii-u media statements this year against the sum of all the positive wii-u statements in the same period? would that count as a more valid counter argument?

No I am saying what value does your post add to this thread other than the pure intent of trying to yet again derail a postive wii u thread.  This is all this forum does.