By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One TV integration suffers noticeable judder in UK

ganoncrotch said:
kowenicki said:
selnor1983 said:
I haven't actually noticed anything. Ive watched probably 6-8 hours of TV through the Xbox One since its release. I have Sky HD Box. My wife and kids have probably watched even more than me. Both recorded programs and Live F1.

If its there I actually haven't noticed. So this is no deal to me whatsoever.

Hope for those who do have a small launch issue will get a fix soon.

Gotta love those launches eh?

At least this is no RROD. LOL.

Cheers Microsoft for an awesome launch. I love to game again. Yay.

its not a console specific issue, its an issue for everyone.

I hooked it up to try it and was watching a football match and notice it.  Watching non sport or not fast moving stuff I couldnt really tell, but it is def there.

But as I said, until there is a proper tie-in with Sky or someone else I dont see the point of the TV app anyway.

does the sky tv app still exist on the actually system itself? have that signed in with a mates sky account and gave a cool handful of channels streaming to the 360 really nicely, very good resolution altering to handle dodgy wifi at times.

Now TV is coming http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-13-now-tv-for-xbox-one-out-summer-2014

Actual Sky Go isn't planned as far as I can tell. They only really seem interesting on putting it on Android and iOS, they seem to be getting worse on PC

Around the Network

Must be a lucky one, no issues for me whatsoever.

I am annoyed there is no proper guide tho.

ganoncrotch said:
selnor1983 said:
ganoncrotch said:
kowenicki said:
selnor1983 said:
I haven't actually noticed anything. Ive watched probably 6-8 hours of TV through the Xbox One since its release. I have Sky HD Box. My wife and kids have probably watched even more than me. Both recorded programs and Live F1.

I hooked it up to try it and was watching a football match and notice it.  Watching non sport or not fast moving stuff I couldnt really tell, but it is def there.

But as I said, until there is a proper tie-in with Sky or someone else I dont see the point of the TV app anyway.

does the sky tv app still exist on the actually system itself? have that signed in with a mates sky account and gave a cool handful of channels streaming to the 360 really nicely, very good resolution altering to handle dodgy wifi at times.

No it doesnt yet. I believe its coming though.

But why cant anyone explain to me why my TV has been fine through my Xbox One since Friday? Im in the UK and use a Sky + HD box. I have no jerking. And have watched a really wide variety of things. Even watching the most fast moving picture possible in onboard F1 all weekend.

My guess if you've seen everything perfectly fine is that you have found some video setting in the x1 to output at 50hz or your hdtv is an oddone which is exactly in sync with the 50hz coming from your skybox, so the fact that the x1 is generating some extra frames here and there which shouldn't be shown but they are not being displayed on your screen.

I seem to remeber the Skybox may have a 60hz output option. I thought it was possible to buy TVs in the UK with no 50hx option now?

Im finishing work now will try and film and check settings when I get home.

XBox One will probably be able to display games at 60Hz and UK video source at 50Hz. The problem will be when the pictures are displayed side by side in Snap Mode. Both will have to be 60Hz. Some judder will be introduced in the video source particularly when the picture pans quickly. DVD players have been able to do this conversion for years. If you imported DVDs from the USA you would have experienced the same thing. Some people don't notice the judder. I do, put didn't find it so annoying that it put me off importing US DVDs before Blu Ray came out.

I don't see a way around the judder, but it is only a minor annoyance and probably only affects the picture when it is displayed alongside another picture showing a game.

selnor1983 said:
ganoncrotch said:
selnor1983 said:
ganoncrotch said:
kowenicki said:
selnor1983 said:

But why cant anyone explain to me why my TV has been fine through my Xbox One since Friday? Im in the UK and use a Sky + HD box. I have no jerking. And have watched a really wide variety of things. Even watching the most fast moving picture possible in onboard F1 all weekend.

My guess if you've seen everything perfectly fine is that you have found some video setting in the x1 to output at 50hz or your hdtv is an oddone which is exactly in sync with the 50hz coming from your skybox, so the fact that the x1 is generating some extra frames here and there which shouldn't be shown but they are not being displayed on your screen.

I seem to remeber the Skybox may have a 60hz output option. I thought it was possible to buy TVs in the UK with no 50hx option now?

IT doesnt have 60hz output, never has. 

Im sure it could be black and white and you would tell us its flawless perfection. 

Or to be fair some high end TVs have a smoothing option, but these generally make things look even stranger. 

Around the Network

I get the same jerky picture on some films I 'preview' from the internets and put on DVD for the in laws.

kowenicki said:
Skeeuk said:
its not a big deal, watching tv is more of an add on if anything

a sensible response.

uh...TV was the major point at Microsoft's reveal event. Its supposed to be their killer app

kowenicki said:
Kane1389 said:
kowenicki said:
Skeeuk said:
its not a big deal, watching tv is more of an add on if anything

a sensible response.

uh...TV was the major point at Microsoft's reveal event. Its supposed to be their killer app

It was non existant at E3

Its non existant in my home.

For me it isnt a killer feature.

happy?

Reality is both consoles have missing feautres that have been announced and one console has features that arent planned that were very common in the last gen.

I'm happy.

On E3 they showed the games, on the actual reveal of the hardware, they talked bout its major features, and TV took of most of their show. 

Also, I dont know why you jumped at the old 'Sony doez it tooo' argument, when I didn't even mention PS4

Xenostar said:
selnor1983 said:
ganoncrotch said:
selnor1983 said:
ganoncrotch said:
kowenicki said:
selnor1983 said:

IT doesnt have 60hz output, never has. 

Im sure it could be black and white and you would tell us its flawless perfection. 

Or to be fair some high end TVs have a smoothing option, but these generally make things look even stranger. 

Im gonna try and record it on my HD camera. I'll try and upload. I have F1 saved so can show fast moving images. :)

Easy .. a small patch will fix this problem.