By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One TV integration suffers noticeable judder in UK

wtf? why would the UK pick 50 hz for broadcasting?

Around the Network

I would never use it for tv anyway even though I'm in 60hz territory. My cable box outputs in 1080i60, no thanks messing up the signal by converting it to 1080p60. I'll trust my high end tv to do a better job.

Is there any confirmation that Xbox One will support blu-ray at 24 fps? Or will this be converted to 60fps too? I guess this kinda destroys my hope that 24 fps will come to movie streaming :/

kitler53 said:

I dont get it. Im in the UK and have had no issues all weekend. Im gonna check my Sky box when I get home. Im sure there is a setting to output in 60hz from Sky box.

Ive not one single jerking issue at all.

Ive actually noticed the coolour being better through the Xbox One to. Noticeable straight away on the Sky menu. Colours are much more vibrant.

kitler53 said:

Because TV was always in 50hz in Europe (used to be tied to 50hz AC power at the start) and thus all TV programs have always been in 50hz. Why would they convert all their existing content for such a little upgrade. Imo they should have switched to 100hz broadcasting for HDTV, compatible with 50hz and much better then your tv inserting frames.

You could also ask the question why would the US stick to 60hz for broadcasting, majority is 50hz.

SvennoJ said:
kitler53 said:

Because TV was always in 50hz in Europe (used to be tied to 50hz AC power at the start) and thus all TV programs have always been in 50hz. Why would they convert all their existing content for such a little upgrade. Imo they should have switched to 100hz broadcasting for HDTV, compatible with 50hz and much better then your tv inserting frames.

You could also ask the question why would the US stick to 60hz for broadcasting, majority is 50hz.

but they don't want to upgrade to 100Hz or even 60Hz .. maybe because that could mean you'd need more bandwith per channel

the electricity frequency should have no effect on that anymore anyway, as all TVs released in the last .. ~30 years have a frequency-voltage transformer built in

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
selnor1983 said:
I haven't actually noticed anything. Ive watched probably 6-8 hours of TV through the Xbox One since its release. I have Sky HD Box. My wife and kids have probably watched even more than me. Both recorded programs and Live F1.

If its there I actually haven't noticed. So this is no deal to me whatsoever.

Hope for those who do have a small launch issue will get a fix soon.

Gotta love those launches eh?

At least this is no RROD. LOL.

Cheers Microsoft for an awesome launch. I love to game again. Yay.

its not a console specific issue, its an issue for everyone.

I hooked it up to try it and was watching a football match and notice it.  Watching non sport or not fast moving stuff I couldnt really tell, but it is def there.

But as I said, until there is a proper tie-in with Sky or someone else I dont see the point of the TV app anyway.

does the sky tv app still exist on the actually system itself? have that signed in with a mates sky account and gave a cool handful of channels streaming to the 360 really nicely, very good resolution altering to handle dodgy wifi at times.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

SvennoJ said:
kitler53 said:

Lol at that map and then asking why UK isn't using the 60hz model. Would be like 2 people walking through the heart of china wondering why people there aren't speaking English.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

ganoncrotch said:
kowenicki said:
selnor1983 said:
I haven't actually noticed anything. Ive watched probably 6-8 hours of TV through the Xbox One since its release. I have Sky HD Box. My wife and kids have probably watched even more than me. Both recorded programs and Live F1.

I hooked it up to try it and was watching a football match and notice it.  Watching non sport or not fast moving stuff I couldnt really tell, but it is def there.

But as I said, until there is a proper tie-in with Sky or someone else I dont see the point of the TV app anyway.

does the sky tv app still exist on the actually system itself? have that signed in with a mates sky account and gave a cool handful of channels streaming to the 360 really nicely, very good resolution altering to handle dodgy wifi at times.

No it doesnt yet. I believe its coming though.

But why cant anyone explain to me why my TV has been fine through my Xbox One since Friday? Im in the UK and use a Sky + HD box. I have no jerking. And have watched a really wide variety of things. Even watching the most fast moving picture possible in onboard F1 all weekend.

kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:
kowenicki said:
I agree.

I noticed this.

But no biggie at this stage, both consoles have features that aren't there or don't work properly yet. It will be fixed.

At least in this case its a feature that simply needs fixing, rather than is mysteriously absent.

But you told me everything looks amazing like a dream .

It does.  the OS works like a dream.  TV is compulsory? Its no more compulsory than a certain game or a certain app.  Indeed it is an app.

I have no intention of using my tv through the ONE.  None.  Not until they get proper integration .  I just hooked it up to try it.

Are you suggesting that both the ONE and PS4 should be 100% bang on working on all levels with all services available... if so prepare to be disappointed when you get your PS4.

Hm. Don't remember where ethomaz stated that his ps4 works like a dream or even expects it to work that well from the get go. If anything he criticized Sony for how much they charge Brazilians for a ps4. Could be wrong though. Any evidence that suggests otherwise, Kowen?

selnor1983 said:
ganoncrotch said:
kowenicki said:
selnor1983 said:

No it doesnt yet. I believe its coming though.

But why cant anyone explain to me why my TV has been fine through my Xbox One since Friday? Im in the UK and use a Sky + HD box. I have no jerking. And have watched a really wide variety of things. Even watching the most fast moving picture possible in onboard F1 all weekend.

My guess if you've seen everything perfectly fine is that you have found some video setting in the x1 to output at 50hz or your hdtv is an oddone which is exactly in sync with the 50hz coming from your skybox, so the fact that the x1 is generating some extra frames here and there which shouldn't be shown but they are not being displayed on your screen.