By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One TV integration suffers noticeable judder in UK

kowenicki said:
Xenostar said:
Whats worse is if you do put your TV through X1, you HAVE to turn X1 on to watch TV, which would rule it out from ever being used in our house.

Might have used it to have football scores in the corner while gaming, but not if i have to mess about with the HDMI wires each time.

Thats a tad off topic and a strange complaint.

Watching TV in my house means....  the tv is on, the AV amp is on, the sky box is on, the powered sub is on and the internet is on.

One more box isnt really an issue is it.

If you want the services (which you cant have in the UK yet anyway) and you have bought into them, then of course the box has to be on....

weird.

Not weird, when i watch TV i might want to know when my friends have signed in or if ive got a game invite, but if my wifes watching TV she wont, she also wont want to turn a console on to watch TV when the only benefit to her is increased electric bill. 

But yeah its offtopic in this thread i apologies. 

Around the Network

Has anyone here in the UK (or any PAL region I guess) tried connecting a 360 running a 2005-2007 game? Or even an original Xbox game? That oughta be interesting....

kowenicki said:
Xenostar said:
kowenicki said:
Xenostar said:
Whats worse is if you do put your TV through X1, you HAVE to turn X1 on to watch TV, which would rule it out from ever being used in our house.

Might have used it to have football scores in the corner while gaming, but not if i have to mess about with the HDMI wires each time.

Thats a tad off topic and a strange complaint.

Watching TV in my house means....  the tv is on, the AV amp is on, the sky box is on, the powered sub is on and the internet is on.

One more box isnt really an issue is it.

If you want the services (which you cant have in the UK yet anyway) and you have bought into them, then of course the box has to be on....

weird.

Not weird, when i watch TV i might want to know when my friends have signed in or if ive got a game invite, but if my wifes watching TV she wont, she also wont want to turn a console on to watch TV when the only benefit to her is increased electric bill. 

But yeah its offtopic in this thread i apologies. 

Well thats more of a problem between you and your wife, not really something MS can sort out for you.

I personally wouldnt use the feature simply to know when a friend is online.  I would only hook it up if it was a fully integrated service or I was a heavy skype user perhaps.

Yeah its not a problem, we agree having a console on when we just want to watch TV, shit idea.

Having TV as a mini picture to check something while still gaming kind of nice, but not major.

It would be delusional to belive the Xbox would work perfectly with every single cable provider in the world.

kowenicki said:
selnor1983 said:
I haven't actually noticed anything. Ive watched probably 6-8 hours of TV through the Xbox One since its release. I have Sky HD Box. My wife and kids have probably watched even more than me. Both recorded programs and Live F1.

If its there I actually haven't noticed. So this is no deal to me whatsoever.

Hope for those who do have a small launch issue will get a fix soon.

Gotta love those launches eh?

At least this is no RROD. LOL.

Cheers Microsoft for an awesome launch. I love to game again. Yay.

its not a console specific issue, its an issue for everyone.

I hooked it up to try it and was watching a football match and notice it.  Watching non sport or not fast moving stuff I couldnt really tell, but it is def there.

But as I said, until there is a proper tie-in with Sky or someone else I dont see the point of the TV app anyway.

????

I watched Practice, Qualifying and Race of Brazillion GP through it. In fact We have had all our TV through it since 12:30am Friday morning. I dont understand what jerkiness I am supposed to have seen.

I'll video it tonight and post the video. I have a HD video camera, and will prove it via Xbox Go Home, Xbox Watch TV.

Also just because theirs no One Guide intergration doesnt mean its useless. Far from it.

I can recieve game invites whilst watching TV. I can recieve Skype calls whilst watvhing TV, Surf the internet. This list goes on. Its still really a great feature without the One guide. And I can still use Volume controls on Kinect whilst watching TV, and shut down my TV and Xbox through voice.

Id much rather have what Im currently using than my Sky box on a different input. The benefits are still really impressive even now. Hell I surf the net alot whilst watching TV in snap mode now. Its changed the way I do things and made it loads easier already.

But yeah, Ive not noticed jerkiness. And I have good eyesight.

Around the Network
Dark_Feanor said:
It would be delusional to belive the Xbox would work perfectly with every single cable provider in the world.

I guessed it only needs to works in 13 countries.

Porcupine_I said:
Gehirnkrampf said:
not only in UK, i think it is the whole EU, right?

I suppose so, but "Eurogamer" is not very very European in covering aspects like that.

This is an issue with 50HZ-60HZ conversion, so it's all the PAL territories (Europe, Aus., NZ + most of Africa, Asia, SA).

Edit: and I don't know how they're gonna fix it, it doesn't seem simple to do.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

I doesn't seem simple to be fixed. Looks like MS never beta tested this outside the US

Xenostar said:

when i watch TV i might want to know when my friends have signed in or if ive got a game invite

Doesn't MS have a smart-devices app like Sony's Playstation App that lets you check these things with your phone/tablet?

@ topic )

Our european broadcast system should have switched to 60Hz with the introduction of HDTVs ..

well, MS surely can make the UI display in 50Hz as long as the user only uses the TV mode, but once a game is started the X1 needs to display in 60Hz, as that's what all games are coded to work with

on 100/120 Hz and up TVs the high refresh rate mode might help to lessen the impact of the judder, but usually you'd want turn that off for games, as this introduces additional input lag

Ok seriously.

Can someone at home check this now?

Im at work and cant check but me and my family have been watching TV all weekend through the Xbox One, and not noticed any Juddering.

I have a Sky + HD Box.

I watched every session of F1 Brazillion GP this weekend. Practice, Qualiy and Race. I also used Sky Sports news for Plymouth Argyle news to. My wife watched NCIS Los Angeles, Xfactor and Im a Celeberity get me out of here.

My kids have watched Disney Channels as well as others. My wife would be the first to complain. Trust me LOL. She has said nothing, and really likes the Snap feature. Also Ive not noticed anything with what I watched.

Im confused.