By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Just found out 3DS plays all ds games.... :'(

where the fuck have you been? and you call yourself an informed gamer...

Around the Network

I fortunately bought many good DS games and once in a while play them on my 3DS. Such good memories. Meteos, Castlevania, Tetris, Planet Puzzle, Zelda, Metroid Prime Hunters, etc

I didn't realize that the DS had so many wonderful games.

This is one of those threads that deserves one of those Slowpoke memes.

ps3-sales! said:

And now I really want one!!! This is terrible!!!! I already am plenty busy with ps3 and vita games, and planned on getting a ps4 sometime next year because of all the games I still have to complete. Factor that in with my job as an air traffic controller, and this news couldn't have come at a worse time :(

somebody help me forget about how the 3ds is 100% backward compatible D:

Really? What station are u? SoCal by any chance?

Altruino said:
luiaots said:
well it is not 100% backwards compatible, you cannot play the guitar hero games on the 3ds :P

Not many will miss it; I used to own that game and my hand cramped a bit from that weird peripheral. =/

I thought it was pretty well done to be honest. Just a shame they coincided with the other 13 or so GH games in 2008/2009.

Around the Network

To be fair, let's be serious here for a minute, can we honestly say that more than 15% of the Wii's install base are aware it supports the GC in any way, shape or form? And yet they kept BC in there until what, 2011?

I can't believe you didn't know it. Even I, that I'm not interested in handhelds, knew it.

Anyways, I only know 3 ways to erase your memory. Your choose

1- 2- 3-

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

I am always very surprised when know-it-all forum dwellers don't know such basic things.

the Wii U is also backward compatible!

ps3-sales! said:

And now I really want one!!! This is terrible!!!! I already am plenty busy with ps3 and vita games, and planned on getting a ps4 sometime next year because of all the games I still have to complete. Factor that in with my job as an air traffic controller, and this news couldn't have come at a worse time :(

somebody help me forget about how the 3ds is 100% backward compatible D:

I don't understand. I assumed everybody knew that backwards compatability was one of Nintendo's strengths (unlike Sony and Microsoft). You won't have to worry I don't think ever about a new console not being able to play games from the previous one (plus all the eshop games). Also, you don't have to worry about those games not working well on Nintendo's console

*cough playing kotor on 360 glitchiest thing ever cough*