By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Just found out 3DS plays all ds games.... :'(

Wright said:
Sal.Paradise said:
Wright said:
d21lewis said:
Stay away from the Advance Wars games or we'll never see you again. Both are among my top five games played on my 3DS--beating out all of my actual 3DS games.

Dual Strike is a gem, but Dark Conflict is just plain horrible.

Why?

Unbalanced gameplay to the point of being broken, that's why. The perfect levels of Dual Strike are nowhere to be seen in Dark Conflict.

Huh I never noticed..

Around the Network
Sal.Paradise said:
Wright said:
Sal.Paradise said:
Wright said:
d21lewis said:
Stay away from the Advance Wars games or we'll never see you again. Both are among my top five games played on my 3DS--beating out all of my actual 3DS games.

Why?

Unbalanced gameplay to the point of being broken, that's why. The perfect levels of Dual Strike are nowhere to be seen in Dark Conflict.

Huh I never noticed..

That's probably because you're a better strategist and can overlook it.

I have 3 3DS games but more than 100 DS games.

DS was last gen's best system and I would never have bought a 3DS if it wasn't backwards compatible.

carlos710 said:
What I can tell you is that there are is a very big list of quality games on the DS

Dragon quest 9, a few final fantasy games, some Tales Of games, Chrono Trigger remake, pokemon, the world ends with you (EXCELLENT game), Fire emblem ... is rpg heaven for sure.

I actually haven't played much besides RPG's but that genre alone make it an excellent purchase. I would say it was by far the best platform for RPGs last gen.

I thought the DS Tales of games never left Japan?

I actually bought a 3DS at launch to have it fill in for my DSi that broke just weeks before the launch.
My 3DS is still regularly used for DS games, since I always discover new ones. Just recently bought Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 (which came out on October 14th 2013 in Europe I think) and The World Ends With You, and there are still more games for the DS that I want to buy. That way I never have a problem with not having enough to play on my 3DS (which hasn't been a problem this year anyway though).
Same actually goes for my Wii U, which is used heavily as a Wii and gets fed with "new" Wii games regularly. The early-year drought didn't even exist for me.

(Non-Digital) Backwards compatibility is a huge deal to me. Heck, I only have two Nintendo handheld systems in use (not counting the DSlite I use for Fire Emblem 12 'cause of region locking on everything from DSi onwards), but these two (GBA SP and 3DS) grant me access to Nintendo's whole handheld library. It's amazing.

Nintendo Network ID: domflo

Add me if you like!

Ask me about 3DS Friend Code if interested. All other things are in the profile!

Around the Network
Wright said:
Sal.Paradise said:
Wright said:
Sal.Paradise said:
Wright said:
d21lewis said:

Why?

Huh I never noticed..

That's probably because you're a better strategist and can overlook it.

LOL 

You're just now realizing this? Haha. I think you knew this day would come.

Reminds me of a friend of mine that had the similar reaction when he found out that I could play DQIX on my shiny new Cosmo Black 3DS back in 2011 .

Seriously, just get a 3DS. While the PS4 looks great (gonna get mine when Drive Club releases), the sheer amount of great games that the 3DS + DS have is worth it.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

KingdomHeartsFan said:
carlos710 said:
What I can tell you is that there are is a very big list of quality games on the DS

Dragon quest 9, a few final fantasy games, some Tales Of games, Chrono Trigger remake, pokemon, the world ends with you (EXCELLENT game), Fire emblem ... is rpg heaven for sure.

I actually haven't played much besides RPG's but that genre alone make it an excellent purchase. I would say it was by far the best platform for RPGs last gen.

I thought the DS Tales of games never left Japan?

There is a way to play the fantranslated Tales of Innocence and Tales of Tempest on DS. But I will not go into details here. Use the internet if you are intrested ...

I've played more DS games on my 3DS than actual 3DS games. Its library was that big!