By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's ONE game that you have a favorite memory from last gen???

Around the Network

The first Mass Effect. The sacrifice during the game's mission on Virmire (not going into detail due to spoilers)

It was a tough decision and it took me a while to finally make it. I'm still playing through Mass effect 3 and I still don't know if it was the right one or if such a conundrum can have a "right" choice.

A extremely close second is TLoU's final scene. I have never felt so empty from a piece of entertaiment media in my life. The next few days I spent literally feeling uneasy and down right sad (not depressed, just sad)

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

So many great memories, but my favorite was Xenoblade Chronicles, all of it.

ps3-sales! said:

Mine would be Resistance 2. Not the best shooter, but it's one of those games that the memories stuck with me. I have plenty of games like that, but I often forget how much I enjoyed Resistance 2!

Released in 2008, I got in along with 2 other games at Target as part of a "buy 2 get 1" deal. Started by beating the single player campaign. It was fun, but nothing amazing about it. Then on to the multiplayer... And oh what fun was had!!!

Competitive multiplayer was great. 60 players all in 1 match, great shooting/gameplay, and good balenced classes. In my opinion it was the Ps3's first great exclusive online multiplayer game. But there was something even better...

The online co-op campaign!!! So much fun was had. It was up to 8 players, drop in/out, and the difficulty increased with each player. It almost had some RPG like mechanics to it, but different classes (assult, defense, support) and it was just a blast to play. I played the hell out of the online co-op, and had some great memories.

YOUR TURN!!! What's one game this past gen that might not be the most popular game, but holds a special place in your heart!!! 

That takes me back to my time playing Resitance 2. I LOVED playing those MP/coop maps, especially that one posted above. I was the medic most times. I played that game so much that one day I saw the killing machine trophy pop up for 10,000 kills. hahahaha

For me it's a toss up between that and Uncharted. Those two had the largest impact on me last gen. Uncharted was the game that made me think differently about single player games and adventure, and it was the first true next gen game I played extensively. Resistance 2 is the same but for mp/coop.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Valkyria Chronicles comes as one of the game i enjoyed the most this gen, from the art direction to the gameplay, everything was beautifully put together, definitively one of the gem of the gen for me.

Around the Network

Playing SOTC and after doing what I was told, I realized I was the bad guy at the end.

1st time getting to bionis leg in Xenoblade

That open landscape and that wonderful music...

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Valkyria Chronicles (PS3) - I never watched any trailer or read any preview or review of this game. I never even knew it was released at that time.

So after work, I went to my local gaming store to buy a new game and there I saw it. I was enthralled by the front cover (Sylveria). Seeing the design and Sega on it, I knew it was some sort of JRPG (I'm also a fan of Cel-Shaded designs). I read the back cover and saw the familiar system that was on Sakura Taisen V. So I took a chance and purchased it and the rest they say is history.

I loved the franchise ever since. Then, of course Sega killed by not localizing VCIII. So there's that too.

Halo 3! There are just so many awesome memories with that game. I remember playing that game everyday with my friends trying to rank up to level 50 so that I could showoff being a general. Which, unlike most games, actually meant something. There were many games where my heart rate would shoot up because of a close game. Every ranked game felt that important. No other game would ever give me that intense feeling.

And then there were the countless other maps and gametypes I would play in custom games. Sadly most people never experienced it, but there were so many crazy fun and creative community created content that were a blast. The puzzle, duck hunt, zombies, and racing maps just to name a few. I would even create my own and put it online for everyone to review and critique.

sigh*...and now I'm sad.

My favourite memory of the 7th gen came from Xenoblade. (Endgame spoilers)

Walking through the portal after killing Dickson, and ending up standing -after a whole game grounded on a terrestrial world, albiet a remarkable one- in outer space, in the rings of of a strangley familiar planet. I thought, "no, it can't be", then the Landmark notification popped up: "Landmark: Saturn".

My mind was blown; this whole time we had been  in our solar system, on the planet that used to be our earth. Suddenly I had a 4th-wall bendng connection to this strange, alien world I'd been exploring, and as I would later discover, this world was actually built upon the destructon of the earth I was occupying as I sat there on my couch playing the game.

The journey through the solar system that followed, passed Jupiter, Mars, and the moon, was as haunting beautiful in both visuals and music as anything I've ever encountered in a video game. The vast globe of Jupiter loomed over me, so big it couldn't even fit on screen, and as I watched, the great red spot appeared around its rim, circled its equater, and disappeared, while the clouds around it swirled and a comet sailed by, blazing in the sun. PIeces of ice and rock periodically collided in the rings of Saturn, shattering apart. 

My jaw was on the floor the whole time.