By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - With Nintendo out of the picture... will PS4 and X1 sell a hundred million units!

Tagged games:

Meh?!

Absolutely! 5 10.87%

No, just PS4. 21 45.65%

No, just X1. 2 4.35%

No, this is the era of the Ouya. 18 39.13%

Total:46
Mummelmann said:
100 million for One and PS4 each? No way.

360 and PS3 are at 80 million and growing. The only thing that stopped either of those platforms from achieving 100 million was the Wii and each other.

It seems there are only two relevant home consoles this time around. I don't think we'll be seeing many people jumping over to PC either.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

The market will shrink back to "normality", now that the expanded Wii audience is being ignored.

I expect 200-220 Million sold when all is said and done.

PS4 - 100+ Million
Xbox One - 50-60 Million
Wii U - 20-30 Million

Thats an early guess, pulled completely out of my arsehole.

No chance at all. This gen will last less longer than last one. Most people don't care about the new consoles, there is plenty of games on PS3, Wii and Xbox360, and for much cheaper. (400-500$ console is too much for the average Joe, and PS3 and Xbox are more than half the price)

There isn't 250M gamers... Maybe 150 across all 3 platforms. Most Wii owners were not gamers but just wanted to try something new, a lot of people bought a PS3 for play Blu-ray and netflix, Xbox360 for the kinect, and replace their RRODs.

Unless this gen last 10 years, it's impossible.

Ready to take bets that no console will pass 100M this gen.

bananaking21 said:
nintendo out of the picture?

Yea Mr. Puggsly deleted Nintendo from his upper hemisphere hard drive. 

I voted Absolutely! With 260 million consoles sold this gen (and counting) and Wii U likely dropping market share for Nintendo it's possible. Especially with Wii U missing some key 3rd party games that will push hardware. (KH3 and FFXV as an example)

Around the Network

If any gets there it will only be one, which one? who knows.......ps4 is in the lead now but over time we can't say which will be more popular. I'd think the gimmick of the kinnect reaches more people who aren't fully into games.

I don't think there was any generation that had 2 consoles reaching that mark, though the xbox one and ps4 launch has been bigger than generations past, I still doubt if it's that strong.

We will have to see..

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

Carl2291 said:
The market will shrink back to "normality", now that the expanded Wii audience is being ignored.

I expect 200-220 Million sold when all is said and done.

PS4 - 100+ Million
Xbox One - 50-60 Million
Wii U - 20-30 Million

Thats an early guess, pulled completely out of my arsehole.

Sony and MS both look like they are going to try for the Wii audience with VR/AR glasses. If either of those take off then I doubt we'll see it shrink.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

No. I will be surprised if   one of them even reaches 100 million..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

The PS3 is still going strong, ~200k a week or so, and the 360 at around 150k. If it wasn't for the wii both consoles would be well over the 100m mark by now and sony would probably be leading by a few million. But back on topic I think both consoles will sell over 100m easily.

Nintendo has by far the biggest 2014 lineup and they are out of the picture?  Okay...